I still think it might be the truth - what is wrong with me?

by slimboyfat 126 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Then why'd they disassociate when they were found out?

I don't know - but that doesn't mean it was a conspiracy. There is no proof.

I have been reading apostate stuff for years. But I am not convinced. I just wanted to see if anyone knows why.

I am not convinced that only someone with an emotional problem would reject apostate claims. That seems a wholely arrogant suggestion. Maybe it simply means that the apostate way is not the only way.

It seems that the apostate ideology is every bit as exclusive as that of the spirit directed organisation. Everyone who does not buy into the discourse is a "troll".

• adelmaal
    adelmaal
    AND, while I am pmsing..........Don't be picking on Ray! You could not possibly have a clue what that man went through if you read his book and were not moved.

Well put purplesofa!

• wiegel
    wiegel

Valis - Obtuse - one of my favorite words. It sounds just like it means.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    don't know - but that doesn't mean it was a conspiracy. There is no proof

Sorry bro well I guess you just answered you own question on this thread. Your problem is indeed phyical. Your eyes are closed and your fingers are in your ears, all the while you are saying bhahahahhblahahahbl i cant hear you. bhahbhahbhhahbhab

:(

• adelmaal
    adelmaal
    I don't know - but that doesn't mean it was a conspiracy. There is no proof.

You speak in such circular logic.

Apostates are merely people who have rejected a certain religion, etc. You put far too much meaning and emphasis on one word. There are tens of thousands of people who have rejected that religion and they do not all think and feel the same way. Get a life and go back to your religion if you do not want to be an apostate

• Pole
    Pole

Just as I thought. Now we'll be discussing five different topics on a single thread.

Slimboyfat will get a lot of attention and climax quietly after stepping down to the den of lions and managing to maintain his mental "integrity" (trying to be nice here).

Isn't the original question self-explanatory?

Pole

• kls
    kls

SBF, then maybe you should return to your meetings if you believe it is the truth. You seem to have it set in your mind that it is and no one here can change your way of thinking and i feel you are toying with us for a reaction.

Happy studies

• Valis
    Valis
    Apostates seem to be tolerant of absolutely every persuasion/leaning/belief under the sun - but not JWism. Why is this? If I still believe it might be the truth - why must that mean I have an emotional problem?
    It seems that the apostate ideology is every bit as exclusive as that of the spirit directed organisation. Everyone who does not buy into the discourse is a "troll"

I think these two statements contradict themselves. So Apostates are tollerant of everything except what we find as being destructive, harmful, delusional, dangerous, home wrecking, self righteous, controlling, false prephetically, yet Apostates seem to be tolerant of absolutely every persuasion/leaning/belief under the sun. Must make you crazy thinking about that one huh? Ask yourself why we would be that way...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

Isn't the original question self-explanatory?

Very well put Pole.

He still thinks it's might be the truth folks That's what's wrong with him

Why is he still here? Now that is the question I would like answered...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Ray Franz seems like a very nice man, and I don't want to bash him in any way. His book is also very very honest.

So honest in fact that he documents his protracted attempt to remain on the governing body and his attempt to avoid being disfellowshipped.

What would have happened if Ray Franz was never disfellowshipped for talking to an apostate in a cafe? He would have remianed a loyal inconspicuous JW for the rest of his days. He would have been just another unkown Chitty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit