I still think it might be the truth - what is wrong with me?

by slimboyfat 126 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

No offence slim but if you have already read those books and you still are asking those questions you must have fallen on your head dude. What would you like us to say to you. You have all the proof imaginable to show the Watchtower isnt spirit directed. You should probably start going back to meetings.

GBL

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

SBF,

Indiviuals in the early church made mistakes, for example some stated that the ressurection had already ocurred. But since the church was not hiearchial in nature, those problems were easy to deal with.

Yes they did say the dates came from Jehovah. Each issue of the awake said something to the effect that "it is JEHOVAHS will for the end to come before the end of this generation"

Look at these quotes and tell me that they didnt claim the 1975 prophecy wasnt from Jehovah

*** w67 7/15 pp. 446-447 The Removal of Mankind?s Chief Disturber ***

The last thousand years of God?s great seven-thousand-year rest is a special sabbath over which the Son of man will be Lord.?Matt. 12:8.

*** w68 8/15 p. 488 The Book of Truthful Historical Dates ***

In reality he has at his disposal the most ancient book of history and, more important, one that can be trusted and depended upon as the supreme authority, one by which all other testimony can be measured and judged. Fortunately, this historical document is now translated in the language the inquirer can read. This book is the Holy Bible, the inspired and sacred Word of Jehovah God. Jehovah alone knows both the end and the beginning.

*** w74 12/15 pp. 764-765 Benefits and Rewards from Being Spiritually Secure ***

And now, as the critical year of 1975 enters, it may well be asked: Has the Most High God of prophecy made a name for himself? The answer is self-evident, Yes! By whom? Not by Christendom or by Jewry, but by Jehovah?s Christian witnesses!

How fitting it would be for God, following this pattern, to end man's misery after six thousand years of human rule and follow it with His glorious Kingdom rule for a thousand years! .. only seven more years from the autumn of 1968 to complete 6,000 full years of human history. That seven-year period will evidently finish in the autumn of the year 1975.. {AWAK Oct 8 1968 14-5}

we are reaching what Jehovah God could view as the seventh day of man's existence. How appropriate it would be for Jehovah God to make of this coming seventh period of a thousand years a sabbath period of rest and release, a great Jubilee sabbath for the proclaiming of liberty throughout the earth to all its inhabitants! This would be most timely for mankind. It would also be most fitting on God's part, for, remember, mankind has yet ahead of it what the last book of the Holy Bible speaks of as the reign of Jesus Christ over earth for a thousand years, the millennial reign of Christ. Prophetically Jesus Christ, when on earth nineteen centuries ago, said concerning himself: "For Lord of the sabbath is what the Son of man is." (Matthew 12: 8). It would not be by mere chance or accident but would be according to the loving purpose of Jehovah God for the reign of Jesus Christ, the 'Lord of the Sabbath,' to run parallel with the seventh millennium of man's existence." {LEIF 26-30}

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If joining the UN helped the preaching work then it was justified. No Witness would help the preaching work by joining the YMCA.

Jehovah's Witnesses use the world at the same time that they attack it - this is nothing new. They believe that America and Britain are the seventh beast of Revelation - but does that stop them doing business with them? Of course not!

The whole UN nonsense was a storm in an apostate teacup.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Smells like trolling to me.

Bryan

Have You seen My Mother

• seven006
    seven006

Slim,

***why must that mean I have an emotional problem? ***

It's more likely an insecurity problem. Try letting go of the teddy bear. Life won't bit you...well, maybe just a little.

You are the one that asked the question "what is wrong with me?"

If you don't want the answer, don't ask the question.

Dave

• Valis
    Valis
    Valis - what is your problem. I mean both things. Do you think this is not possible?

Well, based on your broad and sweeping generalization of "Apostates" here it seems to me you have spent little time speaking to the people who still believe in Christianity here and left for very different reasons. Mostly they could not in good conscience worship the way Jehovah's Witness do. Perhaps faith has hijacked your common sense, I dunno. As to your question, only for a little wile, otherwise you are lying to us and yourself above all. Just my 2 cents. Sincerely, District Overbeer

• minimus
    minimus

WHY are you a "former JW"? Are you df'd? .....As I suggested to you, YES, there is something wrong with you if you can't see simple facts such as the FDS doctrine, as believed by JWs, has no scriptural basis. It is a parable---nothing more. Nothing happened in 1874, 1914, 1918 or 1919. AND you CAN'T prove otherwise.

• kls
    kls

SBF , what is your agenda here ,to show us or you the wt is right? Seems no matter what we say you will think the opposite and defend the wt. So really what is the point.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

but bad ol babilon da great has dealings with the UN to further her causes and she a whore right? OHHH ok got ya

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Ray Franz did not leave because of his conscience - he was pushed out.

C of C shows clearly that he tried his hardest to stay in the governing body but was forced out!

There was a thread a while ago that asked something like "are you glad about all the things you can do now you are not a Witness" and everyone said all the naughty things they could do now and how great it was. I am not making this up - you guys said it yourself. There were very few who said that did not mind living up to Bible standards anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit