I still think it might be the truth - what is wrong with me?

by slimboyfat 126 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    We all make mistakes and can be forgivin but there is a difference when you willing lie and know better.The Bible says all those who lie and those liking a lie will be destroyed.Revealation22:15.

Good point! One would hope that a true Christian would rectify things when they realize they have made a mistake. The WTS has a history of teaching conjecture as "truth" and then when the "truth" becomes apparently NOT "truth"---they claim the "new light" nonsense to save face. They are dishonest and deceitful---qualities that we don't associate with God OR Jesus!

It is almost funny when we read the many things like you said in Revelation that apply to the WTS, and we were always taught that they applied to every other religion BUT theirs!

Annie

• Jez
    Jez

Like most JW's, the option to stay a JW is not a cognitive one, it is an emotional one. The draw to that religion has more to do with family, security, knowing the future, having a purpose in life, being part of a 'secret' group, team feeling, power, being on a higher moral, spiritual etc ground than everyone else, having the 'truth' when no one else has it, etc.

So it doesn't matter how much we tell him that they have it wrong, he knows. He just can't separate or does not want to, the emotional entanglement that the WBTS are masters at weaving.

Jez

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think Jehovah's Witness may be right after all. What if everyone here has made a big mistake?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

SBF is not satisfied with 7 pages. Please feed him.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

You are not friendly.

• The Quiet One
  • steve2
    steve2

Nervous feathers do not take kindly to being ruffled. Eight years in play school is long enough, I'd say. Time to graduate?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit