I still think it might be the truth - what is wrong with me?

by slimboyfat 126 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Witnesses never claims that God told them the dates.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:The UN thing - so what if the Witnesses joined the UN, what's the big deal?

OMG. sigh. I don't have the patience for this today. Anybody?

• adelmaal
    adelmaal
    Witnesses never claims that God told them the dates

ROFLOL -- looks like you need to go back and reread CoC.

• Valis
    Valis
    Apostates on this site pretty much admit that one main reason they left was because they did not want to live up to Bible standards (please don't eat me alive for saying this - it is true)
    I just don't find apostates credible - that's one thing.

so afterall this isn't an honest thread...you ask what is wrong and you start in...should have known better..Like the very last line from The Boy Who Cried Wolf states..

""Nobody believes a liar...even when he is telling the truth!"

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Valis - what is your problem. I mean both things. Do you think this is not possible?

• seven006
    seven006

Pole,

***you have an emotional problem.***

Your're right, and then some. It's a lot deeper then emotions alone. Even though he may be an adult chronologically, I don't think he can ever let go of the security of his psychological childhood teddy bear. It's a common problem with the chronically insecure. The JW's thrive on it. It's no wonder they strongly discourage seeking professional help. That is, other than a professional expertise of a window washing-rug shampooing professional JW elder.

Slim, may the power of the squeegee be with you.

Dave

• kls
    kls

Witnesses never claims that God told them the dates.

You are right they did not ,that was mans doing . So how can you believe a man made religion that fumbles its followers when they preach they are in contact with God.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Apostates seem to be tolerant of absolutely every persuasion/leaning/belief under the sun - but not JWism. Why is this? If I still believe it might be the truth - why must that mean I have an emotional problem?

I just don't get it.

I am no apologist and I am not apostate.

I am a former Jehovah's Witness!

• adelmaal
    adelmaal
    The UN thing - so what if the Witnesses joined the UN, what's the big deal?

"The witnesses" did not join the UN the WTBTS did (unbenounced to "the witnesses"). And at the same time the WTBTS obtained a membership to the UN for use of its library they also told "the witnesses" they could not obtain memberships to the YMCA for use of the pool.

Hmmm... Membership to UN (wild beast) vs. membership to YMCA (harlot). Sounds about the same to me.

Double standard; hypocracy? You be the judge...

Should God's organization not stand out as different from the rest? So what if others have made mistakes too? Alrighty, you go with that logic, the JWs are just like all the others. Just wish they admitted that instead of insisting all the others will be destroyed and they wont for some self-righteous reason.

• El blanko
    El blanko
    Apostates on this site pretty much admit that one main reason they left was because they did not want to live up to Bible standards (please don't eat me alive for saying this - it is true)

That appears to be the case with certain individuals and for a time, believe me, I decided to turn my life over to drugs and a few other vices. But then, I examined myself and decided to clean up my act in light of the standards I believed in within my heart.

Others leave for scriptural reasons and I do not think Ray Franz left because of breaking Bible principles. I also read CF with great interest and read about 2/3's of CoC (before growing tired of the material - I had read enough basically).

You have sadly made a broad generalization and have fallen into the overtly judgemental mindset (very JW infact).

The UN thing - so what if the Witnesses joined the UN, what's the big deal?

I had to sit through the study of "Revelation: Its Climax At Hand" - as I am sure you have. You know that being affiliated with the UN is a big deal, according to this book and other publications!

Saying all of this though, I do understand how you feel and I wish you all the best in your personal journey.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit