I still think it might be the truth - what is wrong with me?

by slimboyfat 126 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux
    This whole UN "scandal" has never made any sense to me. It is not the big deal apostates make out.

What I find interesting is how JWs react when they hear about it for the first time. The initial reaction is almost always "No, that's not true. You've either misread something, or it's a lie invented by apostates." You give them the documentation. Long pause. "Well... okay it's true, so what? I see no problem. You're making a fuss about nothing."

So why the first response?

• Pole
    Pole
    So why the first response?

Exactly. Because it's the WTS who demonized the UN not the "apostates". Cognitive dissonance. An emotional problem. I think I'm repeating myself. :-)))

Welcome to the forum, BTW.

Pole

• Satanus
    Satanus
    Yes, well I just wonder what Naeblis would have to say about all this...

Some people feel a need others to do their thinking for them. But, it doesn't have to be so. We have basically three internal forces that drive us: the mind, the body, and the emotions. Outside forces ar such as religion, our hood, etc. We need to learn to balance these for our best interests. Let some get out of hand, and we will be a target for somebody. S

• Berean
    Berean

slimboyfat,

When you consider the views of Jehovah?s Witnesses, there is one authoritarian view - no other view is tolerated. You came here and found a plethora of views (sorry, a carry over from public talk days; but I find it happyfing). To be one of Jehovah?s Witnesses you have to believe everything - hook, line, and sinker. Do you believe everything? Are you satisfied with believing everything taught by Jehovah?s Witnesses without question? If so, go about with the meetings, service, and everything else and be content. However, if you are not satisfied, search for what fulfills you spiritually; that can only be done through careful personal study of the Bible.

You will not find your answer here. My guess is the same as others that you may be trolling. But, if not accept my apologies; but, once again you will not find what you appear to be asking for here. If you can?t find the answer to your questions within yourself, you need an authoritarian spiritual leader to make decisions for you and the Christian Congregation of Jehovah?s Witnesses is as good a group as any to take care of that position.

May peace be with you.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Apostates on this site pretty much admit that one main reason they left was because they did not want to live up to Bible standards (please don't eat me alive for saying this - it is true)
    The UN thing - so what if the Witnesses joined the UN, what's the big deal?

I did not leave the WTBTS because I don't want to live up to bible standards. Quite the contrary, I left because I asked 2 elders what the consequences would be if I had joined the UN as an NGO. After they sat in utter silence for a couple of minutes, they asked me if I believed the Governing Body is the FDS. I then quoted the "Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock" manual regarding disassociation offenses and then asked the original question again. Again, the same question was asked about my belief regarding the GB as the FDS. Once again I asked the original question and told them that if they could not answer the question then I would have to assume that I would be considered spiritually strong and I was going to join the YMCA and the closest Baptist church in the area and they had better not announce that I had DA'd from the JW's. The elders finally agreed that it would not be proper so I then told them if they didn't stop believing the GB and take their families and run as fast and as far as they could away from the apostate WTBTS they were all a bunch of lying apostate hypocrites. They are still serving the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses and I am free from all those lying hypocrites. .

Are you going to continue denying Christ by letting the WTBTS and JW's Governing Body be your mediator instead of Him? What are you going to do at the gnostic ritual the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses call 'the memorial'? Will you along with almost 12 million other attendees deny the Christ as your saviour?

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Yeah welcome Ténébreux.. at least something productive came from this thread.

GBL

• 4JWY
    4JWY

What is wrong with me?

Don't discount that emotional problems are a real possibility. The day my jw dad killed himself over his own "emotional problems" that he'd recently admitted having, an elder from his congregation told me that I have actually been emotionally abused for much of my life being raised in the "way of life" by a zealot parent. Anyone living jw life is emotionally abused. It can't be avoided in the cult.

My suggestion to you is to seek cognitive behavioral therapy - you examine your core beliefs and learn how you have been affected by them and how to move forward. Reading up on religious addiction and spiritual abuse may help you too.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:My suggestion to you is to seek cognitive behavioral therapy - you examine your core beliefs and learn how you have been affected by them and how to move forward. Reading up on religious addiction and spiritual abuse may help you too.

Slim, seriously, that is great advice man.

GBL

• Satanus
    Satanus

Maybe you need an institution to lay things out for you. The wt is a worse group to belong to than say a regular church. But, it is better than say, a gang or a jail. If you need to belong to a group, pick it carefully.

S

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Slimboy is right about some things. The UN association ought not have been a problem, and would not have been if they had not lied to the UN to get in and simulataneously maligned other Churches for doing as they were quietly doing. The UN is open to NGOs with many personal agendas and any qualifying organizations with even the slightest respect for human life should be an NGO. The WT asked to be relieved of their duties and were subsequently disassociated by the UN. They never condemned other churches for registering with their govermnets as charities.

Ray Franz would likely still be a JW and GB had they let him. They did him a great service in expelling him. It gave him perspective and time for reflection.

The reason Slimboy (if for real) and others are not outraged or disillusioned is because it still works for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit