I still think it might be the truth - what is wrong with me?

by slimboyfat 126 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Claim: We're God's channel of communication. Reality: Numerous false predictions and retracted doctrines

Claim: We're no part of the world. Reality: WT secretly affiliates with UN then hurriedly dissassociates, and fabricates a cover story.

Claim: The Earthwide Remnant is the Faithful Slave providing food. Reality: Remnant excluded entirely, spiritual input left to Brooklyn heavies.

Claim: We are not inspired prophets, therefore not false prophets. Reality: Numerous dates and teachings presented as info from God.

Claim: We have the truth. Reality: We hide from the truth and punish investigation.

Claim: We are God's organization. Reality: Despite expectations, no evidence of divine backing typical of Biblical representatives of God.

I agree with Pole, If you can't put two and two together, what do you want from us? You seem comforted that you remain unconvinced. Maybe you should stay a witness. They take care of the thinking for you.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Slimboy - I know exactly how you feel. I still get pangs of guilt being on here, despite what I know in my head now. Its taking its time to sink into my deepest recesses and I do think, well maybe the UN thing wsn't all that bad, blah blah blah.

What I find most useful is to remind myself that whether they are right or not is not why I left and focus on that. I left because I decided that I would rather die than worship a petty manipulative egotistical sadistic murderous torturing God. So whenever I find myself getting that sickly feeling I just remind myself that actually I don't care. What was your reason for living? Are there no significant factors at all that would make you not want to be part of their religion on the remote chance that after all their mistakes they could still be directed by God?

I've made my bed and I'm going to jump up and down on it if I want to!

Give it time, I am. I don;t know how long you;ve been reading here, but I'm quite new. I read the books like COC and ISCF and they still didnt make me think it wasn't the truth. But any rational reasonable person who had not been indoctrinated day after day after miserable day can see the holes straight off and is incredulous that its not so easy for you or for me.

Good luck - I know how you feel. I feel the same. One day we might be free mentally as we are physically.

hugs, crumpet

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Slimboy, if you are using the same thought processes and logic in your real life as you are using here on this forum, you are in deep trouble.

I am sure that you do not make decisions in real life using the same logic you display here.

So what is your agenda?

If you have no agenda, then you appear to be a bit goofy.

Quit fooling around and come clean.

Outoftheorg

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SBF: I had a discussion with a JW once about the errors of the org. She said: "I still think Jehovah is using this organization." The problem I have with this thinking is: If Jehovah is cutting slack to the witnesses for being imperfect then why isn't he cutting slack to other religions? After all, they are all wrong in varying degrees. LHG

• M.J.
    M.J.
    Maybe you need an institution to lay things out for you. The wt is a worse group to belong to than say a regular church. But, it is better than say, a gang or a jail. If you need to belong to a group, pick it carefully.

S

I've been thinking about this point. It kind of reminds me of some who graduate from high school and don't have any direction or career plans--They do not have the self-discipline, self-reliance or motivation to put their own life in order so they seek out an institution to provide all this for them. Some persons enlist in the military, for example, for this very reason. To say that because such a regimented, disciplined "society" stands in contrast to the relatively unregulated outside world, that it must represent "ultimate truth" is a false premise.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

How do you think they are 'the truth'?

I left because I chose not to get baptized. There was never any proof that they ARE God's organization. I thought about it using my own brain, and realized there is no proof of this! How can I preach b.s. to other people when I know it's all lies?!

You made a claim that apostates aren't right in your opinion, yet that doesn't mean JW's are. Just because you want to believe what you're told doesn't mean it's correct.

• Perry
    Perry

SlimBoyFat said:

Apostates on this site pretty much admit that one main reason they left was because they did not want to live up to Bible standards

The source of your confusion is tied up in your above statement. First you appear to confuse WT standards with Bible standards. They are vastly different. People here differientiate between the two. Second YOU CANNOT live up to God's standards.... silly. That is the point God spent thousands of years illustrating in the OT. As long as you accept the notion of God and rely upon your own efforts, you will remain in your delusion of self-righteousness, with all due respect.

Some find it easier to disregard the notion of God altogether. This eliminates the need for standards equilibrium. But, for you... as long as you hold to the Bible as a standard you will need to mediatate on Galations 2: 20 until it finally sinks in. Took me several years.

• berylblue
    berylblue
    What would have happened if Ray Franz was never disfellowshipped for talking to an apostate in a cafe? He would have remianed a loyal inconspicuous JW for the rest of his days. He would have been just another unkown Chitty.

Against my better judgement, I will jump in here and state that you do not know that he would have remained a loyal inconspicuous Witness. Unless, of course, you claim to have special powers of insight into the future, as well as this fine man's character.

Ray, as an evil apostate, has done more for me (via email and snail mail) than any of the "loyal, loving brothers" in the Org. His search, as well as love for, genuine truth, is unassailable.

That's more than I can say for your motives here.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere
    The UN thing-so what if the Witnesses joined the UN, whats the big deal?

Slimboyfat, Why would they want to be part of somthing they say God is going to destroy?The Society is run by Apostates! They invest in the stock market and one thing they invest in, is Philip Morris cigarettes. They will disfellowship a person for smoking but yet make money on what they condemn.What hypocrites! They also own fifty one percent of a company who makes war weapons.They lie and say Jerusalem was desolated in 607! The easy way to prove that wrong is to check when they say the last four Babyloian Kings ruled. They agree with History when they say Neb. ruled 43 years, Evil-Mardauk 2years, Nerg.4years and Nabonidus 17years. They also agree Babylon fell 539. Society says Neb. begin to rule in 624,substract 43=581, now substract 2 years=579, substract 4 years=575, substract 17=558. You can't get 539 using their dates. History says Neb. ruled 605 ,so substract 43=562 now substract 2 =560, substract 4=556, substract 17=539. History is right. The Bible agrees with History. At 2 Kings25:8 it say Neb. desolated Jerusalem in his 19th year.Starting with 605 as 1 year ,604, as 2 and on down to 587 is his 19th year. The Bible and History are in agreement. So easy for those who love truth more than an organization.

Chronology-Witnesses made mistakes- so what? Early Christains also made mistakes.
    We all make mistakes and can be forgivin but there is a difference when you willing lie and know better.The Bible says all those who lie and those liking a lie will be destroyed.Revealation22:15.

• Puternut
    Puternut
    I still think it might be the truth - what is wrong with me?

You can often answer a question like this by way of elimination.

Illustration, by trade I am a jeweler. I get presented with gemstones daily for examination. People ask me what stone is this? And as many stones as I see rather than telling them what it is, I have to deduce as to what it is NOT. Whatever results I find, I verify this with the stone's properties, charts, graphs, indices etc etc and needs to be provable evidence.

Hope this helps.

Puternut

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit