Public breastfeeding

by simplesally 174 Replies latest members private

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

YEA TrailBlazer and BG

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

any and all hooters in public is a good thing!

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    Ladies keep them covered at least, better, breast feed in private where the experience will be more intimate between the two of you. This is far more insightful and kind to everyone.

Pete

I really never noticed any women who do not keep themselves covered while breastfeeding.

What are the alternatives Pete? Women should stay at home for at the very least the first six months of the baby?s life, perhaps a year? Since breast feeding is usually on demand this means by your standards the woman can not leave the home. And if you can stick to the two hour schedule the mother can pop out of the house and hope her child does not become hungry?

Or better yet we should feed the baby in an unsanitary place like the bathroom? Ok as long as you eat your breakfast lunch and dinner in the toilet as well. Then some say formula!!! Sure why not feed an infant a horde of chemicals that a man has produced so as not to offend his fragile sensibilities.

Breast feeding is the most natural thing in the world it?s been around thousands of years before formula!! Yet I see no man on this board screaming about half nude women walking down the street or billboards of women scantly clad. Nursing is not a sexual turn on for women, as a matter of fact it hurts at first hurts till some women?s nipples bleed, then your nipple become so calloused it?s hard to be aroused in that area for quite some time after stopping the breast feeding.

Cassi

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Sheila..I long for that type of intimate family experience. My point was simply that "how it's supposed to be" meant private and intimate NOT public. I am not anti-breast feeding. Other posters have requested sources for some of my comments. Really it is not hard to find medical sites on the subject by simply Googling "nursing sexual arousal". also here is a short block about infant arousal during feeding:

.Powered by netdoctor

alt
    Sexuality throughout life When does sexuality start?
    Your sexuality begins when you are born. You feel warmth, closeness, bodily contact and sensation. You suck your mother's breast and your thirst is quenched and your hunger satisfied. Many mothers know that baby boys often get erections while they are nursing them. But sexuality does not exist only in the genitals. It is part of everything surrounding you and who you are.

Children are sexual beings in the same way that teenagers, adults and the elderly are sexual beings. Sexuality just manifests itself differently at different ages.

During their first years in life, infants frequently develop a special kind of movement with their pelvis by tightening the muscles. This movement appears to give them pleasure and is followed by a period of relaxation. It can occur several times a day and is perhaps most noticeable with healthy and confident children who are probably the ones most interested in masturbation anyway.

And I think that I've had enough name calling. You don't need to add jerk to the list. I do not feel the fact that nursing is a sexual act (about 41% of mothers interviewed by Masterson felt some arousal) is the subject at hand, what is at hand is whether uncovered public nursing is considerate or insightful of the feelings (whether instinctual or cultural) of others. I really am done. My wife is in disbelief that you ladies don't seem to get my point but seem determined to make me out to be a weirdo or prude. Neither is the case.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    I do not feel the fact that nursing is a sexual act (about 41% of mothers interviewed by Masterson felt some arousal) i

Breast feeding a baby is not a sexual act.I am in disbelief and d isgusted t hat you think such. Anyone who thinks such is everything you just called yourself in your last several posts and then some. Good God, read some real stats and get back to reality. I would love to see this study by Masterson. As for your stats on sexuality and boy infants nursing and erections, this is convoluting your entire argument of keeping breast feeding private.

Cassi, gotta wonder sometimes class

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Hey Pete,

Just tell them our mothers on the board your sorry and you learned your lesson,,it will be a lot better I garantee it.

• Corvin
    Corvin
    Would you welcome a room full of teenage boys into that tender maternal scene aware that at least some of them will naturally be aroused? Because we are discussing public uncovered nursing.

LOL, a teenage boy's thoughts will turn to lust if you show him a lug wrench.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

A new group for men to join who can not fathom breast feeding without sexual connatation:

"Mammaryopathicgenic Hyper Affective Disorder". Join and complete the 12 steps for recovery because of the over sexualization of womens breasts. You will find there is a higher power and it is not the breast!

Cassi

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

CASSI ... Anti Breastfeeding Anonymous

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

LMAO Frenchy!!

Anti Breastfeeding Anonymous

Join ABA

A cup through double D of course.

Cassi

Share this