Public breastfeeding

by simplesally 174 Replies latest members private

• bavman
    bavman

peaceful pete-lol!!!

actually, i would like to come to you're aid. i happen to know where pete is coming from on this because i know where he lives. just so everybody knows-it's not his fault. his views on some of these things have been somewhat warped by the ultra-conservative, & i mean ultra-conservative, elders he was influenced by. if u knew them u would understand. anyway, i believe he has heard many other views here & is repentant.

some years ago, i went to paraguay & observed women breastfeeding their children openly in the k.h. the only people who had a prob. w/ this were american missionaries. as a naieve & horny 18 yr. old i found it sorta enjoyable. as i got older, had a child, & observed the same thing i was endeared to the whole God given arrangement. i guess the point i'm trying to make is, it's all what we're used to & taught. adam & eve didn't notice they were naked till after they sinned. if we all were properly taught, & everything was more open there would be no problem. i have no prob. w/ pub. breastfeeding or having my son see it cause i explain the proper view to him. am i making myself clear as mud...????

bavman

• Scully
    Scully

simplesally

I know this isn't what you had in mind when you started your thread, but I just got this from a colleague and thought it was apropos!

Love, Scully

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Scully !!! that's an interesting pic

• simplesally
    simplesally

Yes, I got that in email, too!!

Sheila, I got mastitis, too. I felt I had to nurse thru it cuz my milk would dry up. I was right, my doc gave me an antibiotic and I took warm showers. It was soooooo painful, but I let Teryn nurse anyway.

Kaiser Permanente was a great hmo......totally promoted breastfeeding and even had a clinic to help assist moms and babes that I went to with Teryn when I was having some problems with her attaching. They also recommended a natural nipple cream so they wouldn't get raw. At first, it can be hard, painful and discouraging to bf....but if you persevere, you can do it.

• christopherrobin
    christopherrobin

Actually, I was making those disgusting hoagies at the circ. assem. and had to go to the freezer to get some lettuce and a sister was right ther with it 'all hanging out'--she was'nt startled in the least!!!

I almost fainted--felt dirty, but funny enough I offered to go to the freezer for everything else that morning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit