Public breastfeeding

by simplesally 174 Replies latest members private

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

glared at me while I was nursing my infant. (Ironically, one of the photographs of a featured artist at the Guggenheim that day showed a nude woman breastfeeding a baby.).

she should have gone and stood next to the painting.

I have no problem with public breast feeding... so long as she is willing to share.

• Gadget
    Gadget

I would have no problem with any woman wanting to breast feed me in public, just say yes!

• Special K
    Special K

Nice topic Simple sally , even for all the man-jokes about it.

I breast fed all my children. I'm was never as comfortable in public as some mom's I knew.. but I always managed to find a discreet way to do it.

Now that Isaac in the bible didn't he breastfeed until he was quite old?.. why do I remember something about him still being 5 years old and still nursing at his mothers breast?

Sally, do you remember anything about that in the bible or am I dreaming way back when i was in dubdom.

Special K

• glitter
    glitter

How much of the breast is even visible with a baby's head in front of it? What is wrong with people?!

My mum says she fed us on busses and answered the door while feeding us and allsorts and no-one ever batted an eyelid.

• boa
    boa

Excellent topic.

Shame on any male or female who hasn't matured enough to accept that breastfeeding isn't a sexual display of the breasts.

Any such male or female who does have a problem with it better feel the same about men without shirts on since their breasts can be just as much a part of sex and the sex response.

Thank gawd many parts of the world are moving on and making it legal for women to breastfeed wherever the hell they want to...

Words like 'exhibitionism' only connotate sex.

I don't have a single titch of a prob with women breastfeeding whenever, wherever, in public, around my kids whatever! I won't stare since staring is rude!

boa...

ps...another interesting fact is the sexual response many women feel during breastfeeding...

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    In Illinois a few weeks ago, a woman who tried to breastfeed an infant at her older daughter's Girl Scouts event was reportedly asked to feed the baby in the toilet stall.

Similarly, in Scotland, at a department store, a nursing mother was told to nurse her daughter in a disabled toilet.

I think the proper response in both these cases is for the mother in question...and those around her...to state firmly but politely to the bearor of this news that they can promptly "GO F*CK YOURSELF I'M FEEDING MY BABY...BIATCH!

I've only seen one case where this interruption was warranted...a mother feeding her baby while driving...and paying a toll. YIKES!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    ps...another interesting fact is the sexual response many women feel during breastfeeding...

Here's something interesting I found on this subject - I would've embedded the page but there are some pics of women breastfeeding, don't know if that'd be against the rules or not:

http://www.007b.com/nipple_stimulation_sexual.php

• onacruse
    onacruse

I do it every chance I get.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Reminds me of the movie Me Myself and Irene.

Jim Carrey sported a nice "milk mustache"......

• new light
    new light

Breastfeeding is not only beneficial to the infant; it is also a beautiful exchange between mother and child. Anyone who takes offense had better deal with their deep-seated sexual deviancy. Those of us in good mental health see only its beauty and utility, and don't get hung up on supposed sexual connotations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit