Public breastfeeding

by simplesally 174 Replies latest members private

• jwbot
    jwbot

I get what you are saying, pete.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I'm a civil libertarian. Ergo, if a woman wants to feed her baby, then let her feed her baby. If it turns you on then that's some kind of hangup YOU have.

I do understand that it is a bit of a shock and is hard to deal with. But hang on. You'll get used to it.

And if anybody ever tells me NOT to show affection for my wife, whether I am working or not, they are getting a good dose of Czartriol and maybe an assload of buckshot.

I'm also opposed to public "decency" ideas and so-called "Moral Majority" ideas as well, but that's another thread.

CZAR

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Go Czar...

We just watched The Human Stain.....PC gone awry

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

This is an interesting website. There is even a case where a couple had their children removed from their custody because they had taken a photograph of the Mother breastfeeding and the developers called the police.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

"Discreet nursing" advice hurts efforts to promote breastfeeding by perpetuating the myth that the act of nursing should be hidden. From Bashful to Brazen: The Indescreet Breastfeeder's Manifesto By Sundae Horn

I think that a woman should breastfeed however she is comfortable, however, I liked this quote.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

A woman's breast need not be uncovered for a man to fairly burst with enthusiasm for her... and it's always been so.

alt

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

I think that when breastfeeding is presented in any other way than as the most endearing expression of maternal love possible, there is a problem.

My incubator (mother) breastfed all of us, 12 kids. I was exposed to dozens of her friends and they all breast fed as well. Was I warped by it? No, I was born warped!

What I am getting at is that some segment of society is slowly seeding sexual conitations into every aspect of human living. Check out Beans' Ride on another thread. When I mention a "Catholic School Girl Outfit", what comes to mind? School uniforms were meant to provide an air of modesty. But we've twisted that all around.

In time everything will have some sexual reference attached to it.

I for one am a tit & ass man, always have been. Nursing moms don't put lead in my pencil though. My sensibilities draw unspoken lines in my mind. Allowing for an exposed breast to be either a life sustaining gland in one instance and a turn on in another.

Sheila nursed and I often lay close watching two of the most precious people in my life bonding, and sustaining each other physicaly and emotionaly. I respected the difference in the way she offered her breast to my son for feeding and to me for loving. It was awkward at first but I wouldn't have had it any other way.

On a side note, is it not a "pair" of boobs that does it for a man? One uncovered breast says "nursing mom", two is defenitely "come hither" and then only if their astheticaly pleasing to look at. You gotta admit that some of them milky fat bags are not exactly eye candy! ( she's gonna beat me for this post!)

Thunder ==}>>

• boa
    boa

myauntfanny said:

I agree. Basic fact, men get turned on by breasts, with or without baby attached, nothing wrong with that, nothing uncivilized or immature about it.

'Basic fact' is more generalized crap here... No offense meant...But the generalized statements Peacefulpete made in the beginning are what got a strong reaction against his viewpoints.

Thunder Rider said:

I for one am a tit & ass man, always have been. Nursing moms don't put lead in my pencil though. My sensibilities draw unspoken lines in my mind. Allowing for an exposed breast to be either a life sustaining gland in one instance and a turn on in another.

I am an assman (for gals asses lol). However, I totally concur that I have drawn unspoken lines in my mind - I doubt I could get aroused by a woman who is nursing - it won't happen because it is not a sexual activity and infants or children nursing with their mothers are off limits to a sexual reaction for me. I don't have to work at controlling such an urge - it just doesn't happen! I'm not some automaton testosterone charged monkey that can't draw lines at my own internal sexual reaction. I realize some, perhaps many men don't seem to be able to do this or don't want to make the effort or maybe its way more complex than that - sheesh

Peacefulpete....you've definitely explained yourself much better up to this later point in the thread and I concur with what someone else said, that your comments in particular really helped flesh out the issues - something to be proud of!

boa...breastfeeders everywhere unite! Do it wherever and whenever you want! No more shame except upon those who will not change their antiquated and prurient sexual views! If ya don't like it, don't go out!

Get over it already!

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Well, Thunder certainly has a way with words SIGH

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

This breastfeeding thing has been covered from all angles. My view of a womens mammaries will never quite be the same.

You women have to admit that we men are at a disadvantage to see things from your perspective,,we can listen,,and try to understand but it takes time,,we are on the otherside of the fence ( emotionally, and hormonially) to get a clear picture unless it is explained to us in terms that we can relate to.

I do think though that if we can walk in the other persons shoes we can communicate better our feeling to the "opposite" sex.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit