Could This Be the Most Repellent Watchtower ....Ever?

by metatron 166 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Proplog2,

As part of the chorus, I'm here to tell you that I do contribute to worthy causes in my community. I contribute my time and money towards causes where I'll see the results now, when it's needed.

Since recently finding out the common financial practices of the WTBTS, I've desist contributing to their coffers. No more on my account will they be building lavish structures, or sending people to college while they stifled so many of a better education, or covering the expenses for their Company men (COs, DOs, etc.).

DY

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha
    If they were primarily interested in money they would encourage American members to forget about their unproductive service .

If they were really One People from among all the nations, the leaders would be making sure that they all had a chance out of Poverty. It's easy to take donations and say "Wait upon Jehovah! The hour is near!" Hour my ass.

What they are doing with this article is very clear. The WTS main areas of growth are now in third-world countries, but the donations are mostly from dwindling numbers in first world countries. This is going to be long term problem for the Society and they know it. They are basically telling the poorer witnesses to pay up, now. Kill them chickens and give the money to Jehovah! Just like this poor little dead black kid did

oh and on the subject of donations: I donate blood.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Disgusting!

I bet the grieving parents probably got some form-letter-style "consolation letter" from the local branch office. Which they'll probably hang on their wall in pride.

Don't get me wrong, I feel for the parents and the boy, it really breaks my heart. In their economy, those few dollars would have went a long way but he wanted to "sacrifice" and in his case, that was a real honest and earnest sacrifice. If there's an afterlife, that boy ought to see a big reward.

Y'all know what? Want to really piss off the old geezers in Brooklyn? Let's all write them to get us in touch with those parents so we can send them comfort for the loss of their son (and maybe a few bucks?).

Mike.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

after that we could all drive up to Patterson and throw rotting chicken parts on their property. No, on second though, they'd just wind up as dinner the next day at Walkill. How ya doin Bendrr.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Metatron:

I think you ought to have more serious targets for that kind of accusation. What about the governments of the world that march soldiers off to gain access to valuable resources and markets? ALL people are vulnerable to their individual belief systems. At least JW's have not contributed to the upheaval of world wars that have killed, maimed, starved people. Nor have they encouraged genocide. Sure they talk about the Armageddon remedy that they believe will kill billions of people - but they are simply following the example of their leader Jesus Christ. Jesus said wide is the path to destruction - narrow and cramped the road to salvation - and few even find it. JW's take that seriously and earnestly try to save people from that disaster.

Your heart is so filled with hate that it is bubbling up and clouding your vision.

JW = 6,000,000 people who would rather be killed than kill others. This is an astounding fact that can't be ignored. Your hateful comments do NOTHING against JW's and certainly don't help anyone. Go back to posting YOUR hope: that one day scientists will pull the magic rabit out of test-tube so that you can live forever.

• metatron
    metatron

So, the Watchtower isn't a money grubbing organization?

Really? Well, I've always held that money is not their primary aim. Their dominant motivation is greed for control, like

any totalitarian organization. Soviet commissars weren't in it for the money, they loved the power.

Nevertheless, greed for money is a part of their existence as shown by:

repeated "reminders", reminders, reminders, reminders for contributions in the magazines, the assemblies, the meetings.....

and dumping subscriptions and food service

and discouraging giving to charity by common Witnesses. Anybody remember the C.O. who decried the will of a

Witness who gave part of their estate to the local SPCA ? "Gone to the dogs...!"

I well remember the GB lectures in Bethel on "only using one hand towel" and sucking your "prune pits clean".

Don't tell me they aren't money grubbing - and adding that they discourage higher education doesn't make them

look much better, Does It?

metatron

• proplog2
    proplog2

Minimus:

I will take your word for it. It really isn't my business. And I'll admit it was a stupid argument. But not as stupid as Metatrons basic premise. Get a life. Or spend your time attacking the foundations of ALL superstitious religion.

• minimus
    minimus

Prop---why do YOU defend the Watchtower?? Do you know why I expose the Watchtower?? It's because they say they alone have the truth. They say they use their publishing company to get the truth out. They are liars. They don't speak for God and if they REALLY cared that their "truth" be taught to all that might accept it, they would've spent their billions on advertising . Instead they use people who are your average "publishers" that might knock on 1 door per hour and afterward jump to get out and get their coffee and donuts. It's a shame that you defend their ways.

• metatron
    metatron

I have no apologies to make to this exploitative, unjust, ignorant cult - or anyone who defends their misdeeds.

If they don't like what is said about them, they can change - unless, of course, they're money grubbing Pharisees

who "consider the rest as nothing". The Watchtower has always had the opportunity to change, even on controversial

matters like blood transfusion - with little harm to their enterprize. It's just a matter of will and creativity - that they

apparently don't have.

I'm so gratified that JW's don't want to kill anyone! ( well, Brother Knorr is deceased, isn't he?) Neither do most

people! How loving!

By the way, while Witnesses did nothing but protest and suffer, Quakers pleaded with the Nazis and got to set

up refugee centers to help Jews escape with government approval.

metatron

• Farkel
    Farkel

proplog2 is pulling pocketfuls of ad hominems out and hurling them:

: You hate the Watchtower organization. And so does your back-up chorus.

Stick with the arguments. Of COURSE we had the WTS. Doesn't the Bible say to hate what is wicked?

: You all have become irrational in your petty accusations.

Ad hominem.

: Minimus, Metatron, Farkel etc. etc. I'll bet none of you have given even 1% of your income to charity.

Ad hominem and irrelevant to the argument.

: Your heart is so filled with hate that it is bubbling up and clouding your vision.

Ad hominem.

: Get a life.

Ad hominem.

: Or spend your time attacking the foundations of ALL superstitious religion.

Who are you to presume to have the infinite wisdom to decide whether they should just attack the religion that harmed them or attack other religions that never did a thing to them?

Jeeesh, proplog. Chill out. You may have left the Watchtower, but it sure looks to me like the Watchtower never left you.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit