Could This Be the Most Repellent Watchtower ....Ever?

by metatron 166 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls

Oh yes watchtower, let's make all your cult members feel that even the death of a child should bring money into the hand's of the watchtower,guilt alway's seem's to work.

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Someone should point out to them that "Jehovah's promise" has been removed from the Awake magazine. "Oops - sorry -- new light on the promise...won't need to explaine anything to your son anytime soon afterall. I mean, we never said anything about a promise. Some eager beaver JW's made assumptions about the term "generation." Don't you know the bible says that we don't know when it will happen??"

• minimus
    minimus

It is sad and true that the Watchtower loves to make everyone always feel guilty. "Can't YOU give a better donation than what you have been giving? Don't forget about the dead boy and his chickens!".......These people S U C K !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Gerard
  • Purza
    Purza

This really is abhorrent. But I can honestly say that when I was an active JW I probably would have been "touched" by this story and not seen the other side of things. I guess that is part of "mind control".

Purza

• Mary
    Mary

So lemme get this straight: a multi-billion dollar corporation is bragging that one of their dirt-poor members died (probably due to lack of food or proper medication which the Watchtower could afford to send him) and they see nothing wrong with taking $4.88 from his family who not only lost their son, but who are probably dirt poor themselves????!!

Surely this is another fine indication that Jehovah is NOT blessing this Organization............

• minimus
    minimus

HEY!!! $4.88 is $4.88!

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Like most of their letters from readers, I don't believe a speck of it. If it was true, that would be just too sad.

• Celtic
    Celtic

I'm disgusted that they use this scenario to present an image about themselves, (click on the photo, hover the cursor towards bottom right, click on the four directional arrow to bring to full size).

• Englishman
    Englishman
    Poor kid probably died of malnourishment or malaria. Maybe his folks could have sold the goddamned chickens and bought some vitamins or a mosquito net.

If it had been my kid I would have cooked the bloody chickens and given him a slap up meal.

But I'm just a sentimental old git, I guess.

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit