E-Man and HL are coming to the USA!!!!

by Joyzabel 331 Replies latest forum announcements

• Latte
    Latte

You guys are clearly set for some great fun! There really is no way we could get to go at that time of year

Be sure that we will be thinking of you all, and wishing you the very best of times as you each enjoy 'an interchange of encouragement' . (LOL)

Don't forget the Earl Grey!.....and you'll all be OK

Have a brill time! ((((((everyone))))))

• Simon
    Simon

hey Sloan, can't wait !! (I know I keep saying that but I really can't)

Sorry you can't come Latte, it would have been nice meeting up with you over there ... I'll just have to make do with all the bikini babes there!

• Englishman
    Englishman

The Brits mainly drink 2 types of tea. Most teas are from India or Ceylon and go under the collective name of Assam. Typhoo, PG Tips, Tesco's brand and all the other "normal" teas fall into this category and are available as either tea-leaves or tea-bags.

These teas are generally made by pouring boiling water over the tea, allowing around 5 minutes for it to brew and then adding a small amount of milk to the cup before pouring. Some people add sugar also.

Other types are flavoured or perfumed teas, of which Earl Grey is the best known.

Englishman.

• waiting
    waiting

Earl Grey is flavored? lol - I only make iced tea........sorry. And I make it the proper Southern way - not *that Yankee way*.

Do y'all drink green tea with honey? I like that too....iced. Of course, I buy the Amazon brand already made at the grocery. Don't get into all this tea rage (which has lasted centuries)

Only in the South can a restaurant be graded on it's quality of iced tea. - Southern Living Magazine

waiting

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Hey waiting, should we introduce them to grits?

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

thank gawd there is a Waffle House up the street! I still don't do grits. hehe

I do have a tea pot, you know. The old fashion kind, where you boil water on the stove with it. But now adays, I just heat my water in the microwave when I want tea.

We are going to have a marvelous time!

j2bf

ps, sorry you can't make it Latte! it was great meeting you in the UK last summer.

• waiting
    waiting

My husband thinks no hot eggs breakfast is complete without country ham and grits.

I don't do grits except dinner style - with cheese & shrimp. mmmmmmmmm, mmmmmm, good.

Or with that spicey Taso (sp?) ham? mmmmmmm, mmmmmmmm, good.

Other than that, I think they're rather gross. Remember the movie "My Cousin Vinnie?" They got eggs for breakfast & naturally, grits were with them. They took pictures of the grits - never saw 'em before.

Bring your cameras, Brits!

waiting

• waiting
    waiting

Waffle House? lol - great pecan waffles! I must have missed that place last time, Joy!

And our British friends will have to go there too.....just so that they can say they did. Waffle House serves hashbrown potatos too.....in lieu of grits, upon yankee request.

From an old joke thread around here - on yankees visiting the south.

"And for Gawd's sake, don't order filet mignon at the Waffle House. There's a reason it's called WAFFLE House."

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hey,

We had lunch with Skipper this afternoon. He offered to help out in any way. We were all supprised to add up those who are coming.

The hot tub is ready, my son patched the kayak leaks, we are working on a potato launcher, and prehaps we will have a good batch of fireworks (not legal but the beach police overlook it).

But the good company is what we are looking forward to. Visit Smiley Central!

Jst2

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    I don't do grits except dinner style - with cheese & shrimp

Honey, put it on china and call it polenta!

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit