E-Man and HL are coming to the USA!!!!

by Joyzabel 331 Replies latest forum announcements

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

hey ((Waiting))

I PM'd you my phone number, so all you have to do is put that in google and it will give you a mapquest directions and location. Kewl, huh!

Looking forward to the fest.

j2bf

• Princess
    Princess
    Our kids do a 'countdown' asking how many days till we go (every day )

Simon, my kids do that too whenever they are looking forward to something. I help them make a paper chain. One link for each day remaining until we go. Every morning they tear off a link and watch the chain get smaller and smaller. It helps them to "visualize" the amount of time remaining.

I had hoped to attend but I can't. I'm flying to Arizona the following weekend for a half marathon. You'll all have to be content with my parents and cousin. So sorry.

Rachel

• Simon
    Simon

Sorry we won't get to meet but we'll look forward to meeting your family.

The paper chain is a good idea ('cept ours would tear them all off and say "let's go!" )

We'll have a look at the magic kingdom thing ... so far the only definite places we're going to is Busch Gardens and Sea World but we're planning on Universal Studios and possibly the space centre.

• Englishman
    Englishman

32 days before we go!

How will we all know each other? Can we have badges? Can someone bring the Vindaloo karaoke?

Englishman.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

sheeeesh, E-man, Big Tex asked for no name tags. lol

but we might have to do something so that we don't have to keep repeating our "screen names".

I think you will be pleasantly surprised by how many are planning on coming!!! I think it is getting close to 50 or more now! whoohoo.

I'll be looking into a karaoke machine. I heard you Brits can't resist them. And <cough> Elvis wants to show off I'm sure

YIKES only 32 more days, I better start cleaning the house!! or trying out drinks that I'll be serving! hehe

j2bf

• waiting
    waiting

Yo Simon,

With 3 kids and business seminars every winter in Orlando........we learned our way around. Lots of cool things to do. But if it's going to be a while before you're back our way, in MY humble opinon..........................

Magic Kingdom & Epcot.........there's a reason Disney is #1. It's fantasy, sure - and it's great. We were going along the River Ride (boat in real water) one time seeing really true looking alligators, etc., when some water splashed on us, our guide said "Don't worry, that's Disney water. It's not wet."

Busch Gardens is nice too - Africa theme, but none of us thought nearly as good as Disney.

Neither is Universal - although quite good. The rides just weren't as good - but the monsters were cool.

Sea World is neat - very different & fun.

But none are as good for kids & adults for fun & fantasy & learning as Disney. We loved Epcot as adults & kids. We loved Magic Kingdom (aptly named) as kids.

Bite the bullet and buy the tickets. Some here should know how to get decent discounts.

waiting - to meetcha!

• waiting
    waiting
    sheeeesh, E-man, Big Tex asked for no name tags. lol - joy

Well, suurrrrrrrrrrrrrrre, Big Tex will come walzing in with his kilt on - sure we'll know HIM!

It was hard enough last time with about 25 people. Some people who were quiet (not me) - I never could remember their real or user names.

I think name tags might really help. Yup's my vote.

• Englishman
    Englishman

I've downloaded Map Quest directions from Orlando to Panama City beach. Also, I've finally sussed out that there is no route 175..the "1" is an "I", the initial for Interstate. Plus the road junction markers aren't numbered consecutively 1, 2, 3,, they're numbered by the mileage from one end of the Motorway Interstate, like 56 jumping to the next one at 69.

Rumour has it that US roads are a touch wider than ours too..

Englishman.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Bridgey wants to go. . .

• waiting
    waiting

aweeeeeeeeeeee sp,

just think in jw terms............

there'll be about 50 of Satan's spawn in one room, celebrating a pagan ritual, drinking liquor, men in skirts, and the Lawd Only Knows (or Satan) what ELSE is goin' on in them many bedrooms. And a HOT tub....totally unchaperoned. Smoking too.

We can just iMAgine why it's called "Joy's" house .....and beach motels within walking distance.

Sounds pretty good, eh?

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit