E-Man and HL are coming to the USA!!!!

by Joyzabel 331 Replies latest forum announcements

• Mulan
    Mulan

More on grits!

Dave likes them cooked, put in a loaf pan, refrigerated, then sliced, fried in butter, bacon grease or whatever, and served with maple syrup. Not bad!

Dave likes his beer at room temperature, but will drink it cold too.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Ok, local temps & water temp

highs in upper 80's, lows in upper 50's Currently Water temp is 81. Nice bath like water! Crystal clear, can see your feet even in 3 feet of water!

lol Mulan, you'll just have to go to Waffle House for some grits. I don't serve those!

j2bf

• Mulan
    Mulan

Sounds heavenly Joy. But what will it be in a month?

Don't worry about breakfast grits. We haven't made them in years.

Coffee is all I need for the first couple of hours.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

"But what will it be in a month?" Good question Mulan!

Hopefully the air time will drop to 70's during the day, 50's at night. (We want to use the hot tub when its cool outside!)

Also the water temp may drop to the mid to high 70's. Still very swimmable, especially for young folks who love to splash in the waves.

Be sure to bring a beach towel!

j2bf

• Mulan
    Mulan
    (We want to use the hot tub when its cool outside!)

Can we use the pool next door?

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

"Can we use the pool next door? "

Obsolutely!!!

At least they finally got their pump fixed. Damn thing was so noisey. <sheesh>

• Simon
    Simon
    Most Americans drink their beer so cold you cant tast it, really!

That's understandable when you've tasted it

Seriously, I much prefer cold beer to warm ... but then I'll drink it from the Ashtray's "Barney style" if I have to LOL

Have I said how much we're looking forward to this yet?!

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    We brits will bring a couple of ice-trays to make our individual cubes with care ... all that is is, well ... unnatural

And here I thought Brits drank warm beer because their Lucas refrigerators were always breaking down

Mulan, as for grits, try them sometimes with cheddar cheese melted in them.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Be sure to bring a beach towel!

Can't we just have your washing machine going night and day?

Dave and I will chip in for groceries when we get there. And we will buy some booze too. He is really hoping to find a good beer. Are there any micro brews available in your little town?

Mulan, as for grits, try them sometimes with cheddar cheese melted in them.
    Lew, Oh yeah! Sounds yummy. In the South you can buy individual packs of instant grits, flavored all kinds of ways. They are like the Instant Quaker Oats we get. We have been to Florida several times in the past 3 years, and keep forgetting to buy some to bring home. Well we bought some when we went to Baker's the first trip, and forgot to take them home.
  • waiting
    waiting

Acccccctually, they have Gourmet Grits now. Much better than instant grits - which my southerner husband hates. All kinds of additions - bacon, sausage, 3-cheese, etc. Much more fun.

Southern Iced Tea - the difference? We have it already sugared before it's served - like when we make it hours before serving. That way the sugar's dissolved and *mellows* with the tea. If you add sugar at the table, it just falls to the bottom of the glass and the drinker has to sit there and keep stirring and stirring and stirring. We normally don't used instant tea at all, nor Nestea (at the quick market). And a Local Southerner doesn't like flavored iced tea (I found that out).

Yankees just don't get it. My son visited up north a while back - he said he was so glad to get back home & have *real* iced tea. Southerners are just plain weird about their iced tea. I'm drinking some now, btw.

See y'all in a couple of weeks!

waiting - impatiently

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit