E-Man and HL are coming to the USA!!!!

by Joyzabel 331 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon
    my son thought he best remind you that the outlets are different over here vs over there

Yes, you have those nice, neat, two-pin plugs and we have big dobbing three pronged things that act like grappling hooks when you try and pull a lead out from a load of cables.

Remember everyone, they just have 'live' and 'neutral' and NO earth ... so be sure to stand in a bucket of water when plugging or unplugging electrical equipment.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

See, if you lovely Brits were coming to TEXAS instead of FLORIDA, we could take you to the State Fair and introduce you to corny dogs, charburgers, funnel cakes, AND fried Twinkies. And the Midway rides would guarantee that none of that stuff stays in your stomach long enough to affect your cholesterol.

However, Joy and Steve have the ocean, which is #1 in my book!

Nina

• termite 35
    termite 35

...If you can find a decent bike over there Gadget....

• Gadget
    Gadget
    ...If you can find a decent bike over there Gadget....

Don't remind me. I've been looking up hiring a bike because I'd much rather have a bike than a car if its going to be sunny, but they're all harleys!!! I need something fast I'd be able to have some fun on.

if you lovely Brits were coming to TEXAS instead of FLORIDA

So you think I should try for there instead of Florida?

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Gadget, see what the specials are -- Florida is LOVELY, but we Texans put on a pretty good party too! Ask Little Toe and Searcher!

Nina

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    The only tea I drink is iced.

Aw come on waiting, it's wonderful. Much better than coffee (although I love the smell of coffee in the can). Earl Grey is all right, although a bit overrated. My favourite is Typhoo. I'll bring some if you want to try.

Set the way back machine to 1985. Our first trip to London, and after a few days, my beloved Nina wanted two things: one was more than one cube of ice in her water and two, iced tea. She didn't get either. When she asked one waiter to bring her a pot of tea and a glass filled with ice, the waiter drew himself up, and quietly said, "Madam I know what you are going to do and I will not allow it. We do not put ice in our tea in this country." He turned his back to her and walked off.

I laughed till I cried.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Tex & Nina or anyone !

Is there any brand of tea that you like, that you cant get over there - we will be happy to bring you some. We always have a load of tea and some walnut whips (he he he that will get you all thinking ) with us when we go to visit Simon's dad in Canada!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Ang

Well aren't you sweet. Thank you!

Okay, you've got me curious. What, dare I ask, are walnut whips? And does it involve leather.

• Simon
    Simon

I'm going to buy a box of walnut whips (kinky! ) and some Nestle Double Cream chocolate bars made with equadorian cocoa beans ... they are totall irresistable (ladies ).

Walnut whips are a swirl of chocolate with vanilla cream / marshmallow inside and a walnut whip on top. They are addictive and my wife is currently undergoing treatment.

What sort of tea do you like? Is it Typhoo you want / can't get? Leaves or bags? We have other sorts as well if you fancy trying something new (Yorkshire Tea?). To be honest, I can't stand the stuff - I'm a coffee drinker so you're best asking Angharad about what's good.

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

I can't wait to see everyone!! Simon your Birthday twin is looking forward to meeting you and your fam!! I'm sooo excited to see everyone!!!!! weeeeeeeeeeeee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit