E-Man and HL are coming to the USA!!!!

by Joyzabel 331 Replies latest forum announcements

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Yes E-man, USA roads are a lot wider.

I = interstate. So go North on I-75 to I-10, west on I-10 to state hiway 231. I'm sure you can take it from there, If not, let me know

Interstates have limited acess, like your motorways. It is easier to do exits by milage because our country is growing and there are new exits developing all the time. Why renumber when you can do milage. Plus you know how far away your exit is.

Just remember to drive on the right!!!

j2bf

ok, Waiting, I'll have some sort of name tags available, Because Little Toe maybe there in his kilt too!!! Don't want you confusing the two! hehe

• Simon
    Simon

Eman: The roads are so wide over there, you are not allowed to walk across them - you have to drive.

The only time driving is a problem is when you go out on a sunday morning and the roads are quiet ... that's the only time I've started driving on the wrong side

I've got some maps downloaded and am ready to go!

I have MapPoint if you need a map / routes doing (like Autoroute)

• waiting
    waiting
    Eman: The roads are so wide over there, you are not allowed to walk across them - you have to drive. - simon

lol - that does NOT include the area around Joy's neighborhood. Just walk down the middle with a beer in your hand. It's The Beach.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Just had a phone call from Belmonts 1 & 2. They've just booked flights over too.

The Brit invasion is about to commence!

I hear we have to bring our own double deckers and electric kettles.

Englishman.

• Simon
    Simon

Hey cool ! - They are a lovely couple

Do you think they know the lyrics to "Vindaloo" ?

"Tea bags at the ready ... charge !!"

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

We have a lovely electric tea kettle which we'll bring to Florida, if you bring the Typhoo!

Nina

• waiting
    waiting

The only tea I drink is iced.

Why would people need an electric one? Is it just to make hot water? I thought that was the point of a tea kettle?

Are there going to be at least SIX Brits coming over? + kids?

Have y'all had southern BBQ, etc. before? BBQ hash with rice? Texas Pete? Fried Turkey? Krispie Kremes? Proper Southern Style Iced Tea? Baked Sweet Potatos?

If this discrepancy of y'all's has been discussed before - I missed it.

waiting

• Gadget
    Gadget

I'm gutted I can't get any time of work to come over, it looks like its going to be a good party. Is there going to be another one next year? If I book time off now I should be able to make it....

• waiting
    waiting

Hi gadget....as in gutted gadget?

I've not heard that expression before - picturesque. Btw, Joy's the Apostafest WonderWoman - keep in touch with her. Or Eman. Or the Texas Bunch.

Btw.......back to the British Invasion............my son thought he best remind you that the outlets are different over here vs over there (was there a couple of yrs. ago). And he explained the premise behind electric tea kettles.

waiting

ps - and we agreed to tell y'all again DISNEY MAGIC KINGDOM AND EPCOT are a MUST! He loved those places growing up.

• Simon
    Simon

Krispie Kremes ... I believe this is somewhat like "Tim Hortons" to which I'm quite partial.

"... and there was much rejoicing" (to quote monty)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit