Serious Terrorist Attacks in PARIS, FRANCE

by nicolaou 325 Replies latest members politics

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I love when people claim that there are so many Muslims and only a small percentage is radical. Do you idiots know that that percentage is more than the population of the United states? And a faaaaaaaarrrrr much larger percentage who are not radical support directly or passively the actions of the true Muslims THE F*CLING RADICALS!!
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Excellent article from Douglas Murray about the recent France atrocity plus other attacks.

A key part of his argument: To claim that people who punish people by killing them for blaspheming Islam while shouting ‘Allah is greatest’ has ‘nothing to do with Islam’ is madness.

Well worth a read ...

http://blogs.new.spectator.co.uk/2015/11/will-politicians-finally-admit-that-the-paris-attacks-had-something-to-do-with-islam/

• Simon
    Simon
    the problem is not the secularized Muslim in the Bronx who couldn't dream of stoning someone but the very small radicalized minority and their less-radicalized but still extremist supporters (about 20-30% of the Muslim in the UK according to polls*)

There are millions of muslims who support and follow the extremist version of Islam. It is not a very small radicalized minority. They are a sizable group and cause misery every day that doesn't make the news.

If course they are not the most extreme ... it's only the fact that others push the scale of evil even further that some make the mistake of assuming that people not at that far end are not still extremists.

Just as the extremism of the SS didn't really mean that the rest of the Nazis were mild and moderate reasonable people.

• cappytan
    cappytan

I'm hearing people say, "but only 10% of Islam is radical!"

well, that 10% adds up to 100 million. That's 100 million people that think it's ok to behead unbelievers.

• bohm
    bohm

Simon: The small radicalized minority is the people who wish to actually carry out terrorist attacks (a subset of the 20-30% minority who adhere to a radical interpretation of Islam and support Shahira law). I have seen no numbers to indicate the first minority is not small, do you know of any?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@username

Here's a recent document that attempts to gauge ISIS support from Malaysia and Indonesia. Apparently, there are several pro-ISIS jihadist groups in the two countries. Hundreds of Indonesian and Malay Muslims have moved to ISIS.

https://www.usaid.gov/sites/default/files/documents/1866/CVE_IndonesianMalaysianSupportforISIS.pdf

A quick look on wiki shows that some Indonesian Muslims aren't so peaceful: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Indonesian_beheadings_of_Christian_girls

• DogGone
    DogGone
    Only 12% of Germans were Nazi's.
  • Simon
    Simon
    The small radicalized minority is the people who wish to actually carry out terrorist attacks (a subset of the 20-30% minority who adhere to a radical interpretation of Islam and support Shahira law). I have seen no numbers to indicate the first minority is not small, do you know of any?

I'm saying that the people who want Sharia law are extremists. It is a mandate for brutalizing people.

Just because the scale then extends to even more extreme positions doesn't make those others moderates and they provide the cover for the far extremes to operate in.

A quick look on wiki shows that some Indonesian Muslims aren't so peaceful

Everything that Islam touches turns to hate and bloodshed. Hardly surprising for the book of a warlord. All together now, "Religion of peace"

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    In my new York neighborhood that was full of Muslims, all your "non-radicals" were having a party, dancing on their roofs and in the streets during 9/11. If you think it's just a few bad apples I say sfu. The religion like all religions is evil. This one is still in the dark ages. I spoke one on one with "peaceful" Muslims they had worse double speak than witnesses and yes I called them on it. US of all people should be able to recognize a religion that preaches paradox!
  • bohm
    bohm

Simon: I agree, as I wrote I think it is about 30% who are extremists in e.g. the UK and presumably also in other European countries, however it is still only a minority of those 30% (or how many it happens to be) who actually support terrorism and who think that acts of terror are good. Mind I am not saying the 30% is not a big part of the problem and deserve criticism and opposition which I absolutely think they do, it is just important to keep the distinction in mind between extremists and extremists who support acts of terror such as the present one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit