Serious Terrorist Attacks in PARIS, FRANCE

by nicolaou 325 Replies latest members politics

• kaik
    kaik

The saddest things is that media warned on possible terrorist attack on France since August. After the stabbing on train to Paris, Hollande said that France does not have resources to monitor every possible terror threat. He also downplayed that anything big is about to happen. Two weeks ago, on October 30 he accused entire Eastern Block EU members, especially Hungary that they overreacting over Islamic terrorist threats (big talk in Visegrad-4 that terrorism is infiltrating EU) and ridiculed them for being xenophobic. French public should demand his head and everyone in security apparatus. This is not something that happened without nothing. After Charlie, they should have mobilized resources. How many Europeans needs to die for population to understand that Islam is impossible and incompatible with secular, Western Democracy?

"I met some refugees on the overnight train to Frankfurt. Most of them were friendly and well dressed with smart phones and reasonably good English. I think they're mainly secular. It's the ones going to Syria that are radical rather than those fleeing out of the country."

Do not get yourself fooled. They will not have whatsoever problem to cut your throat. Hitler was also nice guy to many. Did not smoke, was vegetarian, and persuaded Chamberlain in 1938 that only democracy east of Germany possess a threat to European security...

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

No surprise. All middle east countries close their doors to the so called refugees, while some undoubtably are, seeing the tons of photos of the majority of the refugees being young men fighting age, Europe just let them in by the hundreds/thousands. Now they'll wreak havoc.

I wonder how Europe will respond. Round them up in camps and drop them back off in Syria?

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

A co-ordinated effort of the coalition forces need to send a massive deployment of ground troops in to annihilate every last one of ISIS from the face of the earth , regardless of what country they are operating in , only then can the west breathe easy again .

What a load of nonsense.

IS is an ideology. Finding the ones who are shooting people might be achievable, but how do you find the sympathisers? The ones who may well become tomorrows next generation of killers when they see the west 'annihilating' ISIS today.

Your ground troops idea shows you're treating this like a war on a country. It isn't. It's a war on an ideology. A very different issue, which the West has failed to work out the approach to.

• kaik
    kaik

I am copying this from Czech media that says what I have wrote:

..A history is repeating again. Hollande will go on nice stroll through streets of Paris, issue an official statement that he will mercilessly stand against terrorism, and will ensure everyone that it does not pertain Islam. At the end the outcome will be ... that he will do nothing. He will never accept an idea Islam is at war against civilization based on the Christian and democratic principals.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Wasn't Syria a reasonably wealthy reasonably secular country before all this? Most of the people causing problems are not Syrian. They are extremists from all over including western countries.

Atrocities the west has committed in the Middle East has fuelled this. Committing yet more is not going to help. I don't know that anything much will help since we're already in a descending spiral but especially is that not helpful.

• kaik
    kaik

Your ground troops idea shows you're treating this like a war on a country. It isn't. It's a war on an ideology. A very different issue, which the West has failed to work out the approach to.

Good Point

• kaik
    kaik
    Syria was never wealthy in modern time. It was family dictatorship. The war in Lebanon and subsequent involvement in proxy war against Israel drained Syrian resources. Syria was far backward even for Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain, and UAE prior civil war. These countries have very good reason why they do not want any Syrian refugees, because it will destabilize their social and economic order. Even the wealthier country in that region like Turkey and Jordan are still developing with extensive poverty.
  • kaik
    kaik

I wonder how Europe will respond. Round them up in camps and drop them back off in Syria?

Europe will do nothing. How did Spanish government responded after Madrid's train attack? It lied to public and wanted to shift the blame to Basque terror and did not want any whatsoever association that Spain was as a part of the coalition troops in Iraq. Six months from today, nobody in EU will remember anything. Ultra-liberal left wing media will downplay it, and life will go on to next attack. When I read about Reign of Terror in France (1793-1794), there was interesting passage what society felt about the daily batches of condemned getting kissed by mme Guillotine. Someone had said that the victims of the executions were immediately forgotten the moment their heads rolled off into the basket...This will be forgotten as were Madrid and London attacks

• FeelingFree
    FeelingFree

We were meant to be going there today for a few days with the kids. So glad we hadn't already left. Absolutely gutted for everyone effected.

Just hope our travel insurance will cover it. Still better to be out of pocket and have my family safe. That's priceless xx

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

While it is right that we identify and sympathise with the victims of extremists in France and the msm has the tragedy on a loop these extremists operate globally and some countries are under constant attack and suffering with no outpourings of solidarity from western leaders.

https://newmatilda.com/2015/11/14/paris-attacks-highlight-western-vulnerability-and-our-selective-grief-and-outrage/

Terrorist attacks are increasing not decreasing so the war on terror needs to be rethought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit