Serious Terrorist Attacks in PARIS, FRANCE

by nicolaou 325 Replies latest members politics

• scotsman
    scotsman

Because it it was a simplistic generalisation that all Muslims travelling to ISIS controlled areas become a threat - yes, they are. They subscribe to a violent interpretation of Islamic scripture. They willing go there, knowing all about the beheading of Alan Henning and the burning alive of Muath al-Kasabeh. I'd say it's reasonable to regard all who go to ISIS territory as a threat.

I'll ask again: even Muslim journalists? (You're previous reply was strangely limited to British Muslim journalists). As a child I also subscribed to the killing of billions, I don't now. By banishing children who enter ISIS territory you are heaping the sins of parents upon children which is... archaic.

instead of merely criticizing the responses on this forum, perhaps you'd like to offer your own solutions. Just a thought.

Is that a forum rule? I don't believe there is a nice neat solution (short of the paradise earth) but I do think your suggestions would exacerbate rather than eliminate the problems. Just a thought.

• username
    username

How many people are being murdered in the UK and the US, how many are being murdered by the people who are supposed to protect us. I've just posted statistics that show your 9 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than a terrorist.

Are you a supporter of EDL? The EDL members are non educated scum of the earth people who love to start violence. I was in Edinburgh last year and there were police on every corner, I asked a officer what was going on, the SDL were marching that day, this was at the busiest season where many people of all counties come to visit for the Edinburgh festival, I asked why the council thought it responsible to stage this march with such a high profile event in Edinburgh's calendar. The officer along with myself were dismayed at this. What a great advertisement to the world. Come to Britain and be racially abused and your religion attacked! I saw the FDL marching and hung my head in shame as they marched down the royal mile shouting racist comments when there was so many ethnic origins there!

And whilst we are on the subject of Islam, how many Filipino Islamist's do you see attacking the western world? some of which I am friends with on Facebook. How many Indonesians do you see attacking the western world? baring in mind most of Indonesia is Islam. How many Bosnian's do you see attacking the western world? Islam is the largest religion on earth, the only terrorist attacks that we have witnessed have come from countries we have invaded. Your losing the actual real reason this is happening. It's not because Islam is archaic, yet we fight on this issue? Do you see where the propaganda has infected our minds?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I'll ask again: even journalists? - but we've already decided that this is a silly question. There are no British journalists currently journeying to ISIS territory and reporting from there. You accept this.

By banishing children who enter ISIS territory you are heaping the sins of parents upon children which is... archaic - then it should be the parent's fault, not mine. And ISIS are at war with everyone else. Rules that apply during peacetime don't apply during times of war.

Is that a forum rule? I don't believe there is a nice neat solution - no it's not, but please give some untidy solutions.

• username
    username

LoveUniHateExams Even Muslim journalists? Funny that since I'm in regular contact with a Filipina who works for a Muslim family in Saudi Arabia. When I asked what the reaction was to the downing of the plane in Egypt I was told there is no news like that in Saudi!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@username

Scotsman and I are talking about whether journalists travel to ISIS territory in Syria/Iraq and report from there.

Forget about Saudi.

• username
    username

LoveUniHateExams Wrong again. There was BBC journalist in Syria And this is what happened. This was quickly hidden from the mainstream media. Now does this look like people who are oppressed by a dictator? they look very relaxed to me!

[removed]

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Wrong again. There was BBC journalist in Syria

No, I don't think so. That BBC journalist wasn't in ISIS territory.

• scotsman
    scotsman

I'll ask again: even journalists? - but we've already decided that this is a silly question. There are no British journalists currently journeying to ISIS territory and reporting from there. You accept this.

Your first post gave no restriction to it being about British journalists... So what about Muslim journalists from other countries who travel to ISIS territory, are they banished too? Or are you only concerned with the defence of Britain? The West? Europeans? Non-Muslims?

I'm living in hope for another silly answer ;-)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think its critically important to separate and define who are peaceful abiding secular Muslims and those who are actively violent extreme Muslims.

In many countries around the world there are peaceful moderate Muslims, France for example is said to have 5 million Muslims living there, the overwhelming majority are peaceful moderates, who were disgusted by the recent attacks in Paris and elsewhere.

The reason that have been quiet in view of these attacks is that they fear for their own personal safety and well being. Its not because they approve or support these acts of violence.

Let be realized that yes the Islamic religion/teachings has violence ingrained in it toward non-believers but its the group of people who are enacting from those teachings that is the cause for concern. Identifying the entire religious faith with one brush stroke is a failer unto itself .

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Are you a supporter of EDL? The EDL members are non educated scum of the earth people who love to start violence - of course I'm not. Now, if only you'll look at Islamic terrorists in the same manner ...

how many Filipino Islamist's do you see attacking the western world?

How many Indonesians do you see attacking the western world? - actually, there are Indonesian, Malay and Filipino jihadis that have joined ISIS.

You're friends with some Filipino Islamists on FB? Lucky you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit