Serious Terrorist Attacks in PARIS, FRANCE

by nicolaou 325 Replies latest members politics

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

VI: we have our own equivalent of ISIS who believe in executing those who don't abide by Old Testament law

This is the type of thing that deeply troubled me about my JW "Christian" beliefs back when 9/11 happened. The thought of living peacefully with close friends and a big happy family always appealed to me. But the events then and the events today reminded me that every time I did the JW prayer for the kingdom, and armageddon, and paradise, it was all going to come at a tremendous cost in innocent blood.

When I claimed as a JW that I abhorred violence and condemned terrorism, in reality I was praying for a Middle Eastern desert god to go on a violent rampage slaughtering billions of innocent people. What has happened today in Paris is terrible. But what I had been praying for was this terrorism in Paris tens of millions of times over.

And what motivated me to pray for a worldwide slaughter? The promise of a pet panda and staying forever young under the totalitarian domination of the perpetrator of the horrendous slaughter.

• kaik
    kaik

I think the entire world is fed up with the activities of these violent Islamic extremists.

Yes, it is, but it does nothing about it. Everyone is behaving that it is not their problem or comment that it is not that bad. After 9-11, Madrid, London, Paris, Moscow, Nairobi attacks, just too many words, but little action.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Freemindfade. That is incredibly brave of you to anonymously post that. Why don't you mirror it to your Facebook account?
  • Illuminated
    Illuminated
    Username, I hear you and so do millions of others. Fortunately more and more people are awakening to what's really taking place. Those that take the media at face value, please keep an open mind and fully research everything from all angles, as you've awakened and researched the cult from all angles.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Finkelstein: "Its time to take action, ISIL is not going to go away unless we the rest of humanity make it go away."

What type of action? George Bush failed abysmally because he had no clue as to how these people think.

My solution for the region would be the multi-nation solution. An independent nation for Sunnis, Shiites, Kurds, etc. You cannot expect people who have been fighting each other for 1,400 years to create a peaceful functional nation that is shared by all. ISIS feeds on such discord.

• prologos
    prologos

feeling anxiety for the hostages and Hollande's' vow of lethal force. so:

a diversion? France had just beaten Germany at soccer, and Germany is so welcoming to the middle easterners?

german middle easterners taken soccer too seriously?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Billy, fortunately the Watchtower has no political involvement though who knows? They may have new light on that sometime in the future.

Also, biblical Christianity is based on the belief that everyone who isn't Christian will burn in hell for eternity instead of a quick death at Armageddon like the Witnesses believe. All three sister religions are demonic in their origins.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

George Bush failed abysmally because he had no clue as to how these people think.

George Bush was pre-ISIL but no doubt his irradiating Saddam's regime particularly his military let open the doors of ISIL forming and to grow, in similar fashion to what has now occurred in Libya.

For some reason we in the West think if you take down a dictator, that the population will automatically embrace democracy and self organize themselves toward that direction.

How do these people know how to do that and how are they to know what benefits that would occur from those endeavors ?

The direction they eventually take is one that its instilled by old religious social ideologies from the past ie. ( the Quran )

Your right though the west has little actual realization how these religious fanatics think or what they would do to support that fanaticism. We in the west think on a more modern civilized perception of peaceful dialog and are efforts are well grounded from that, these extremists on the other hand think on terms of ancient barbarism , where if you don't go along with their ideology, you should be eradicated as to support their own ideology.

The Quran teaches to disrespect any nonbelievers or show little respect for non Muslims ( Infidels) kill them if you feel the need out of necessity and people wonder why these certain select Muslims are so violent toward non-Muslims or Muslims who are separate from their own theology ?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    @ignoranceisbliss how do you know I didnt?? @$$clown. Lol
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Finkelstein, the major reason ISIS was able to take half of Iraq in one fell swoop is because the Sunni Muslims whom they invaded were demoralized by the Shiite persecution that they had been receiving. When ISIS came they considered them to be the lesser of two evils. Had the Sunnis not be forced to be the minority in a larger country and had their own independence and national sovereignty then ISIS would not have been able to succeed. ISIS flourishes on discord.

In Iraq you would need to redraw the boundaries to include three separate sovereign nations. By giving those people freedom from oppression from their "fellow countrymen" you leave no room for ISIS to grow in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit