2.16.2017 NJ Star-Ledger Ad: "Were you sexually abused by the Jehovahs Witnesses?"

by breakfast of champions 144 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• schnell
    schnell

I hope the lawsuits prevail, and I would love to see it made into a movie as well, as in A Civil Action and Erin Brokovich.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I am computer illiterate and could not send this lawyer Ad to anybody ,however if anybody can send it to the Saturday paper here in Melbourne Vic.Australia ,there is a Journalist here who has published some good articles against JW`s over the past year or so .

I am sure he could get some good mileage out of this ad and also if possible the TV ad shown in NY ? while covering the Australian Open Tennis Tournament about Child sex Abuse Among Jehovahs Witnesses.?

Barbara Anderson is aware of this guy as she alerted me to it in one of her posts.

All the more exposure all over the world the better I say.

I hope you can help.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

When I heard Weitz & Luxenberg was the source of these ads, the first words that popped into my mind were "ambulance chasers," "slip-and-fall" and "sharks."

I think of it as fighting fire with fire.

This type of ambulance chasing law firm has a place here, like maggots cleaning out the putrid, decaying flesh that is Watchtower.

We have the high class attorneys such as Irwin Zalkin and Rick Simons doing their part, now we have the slip-and-fall type of firms having a go at it too. I say hit Watchtower from all sides. The more attorneys and lawsuits, the more publicity, and it's the publicity that Watchtower hates the most; it's the publicity that will do the most damage to the Organization.

The more exposure the better.

• Zoos
    Zoos

Dunedain I think all of us, including myself, who live in the NYC, tri state area, and have access to this newspaper, should grab a copy, and make HUNDREDS of photo copies of this advertisement.
    We then should carefully cut out the advertisement, perhaps even wearing latex gloves, so as not to "dirty" the copies with fingerprints.

If such a clean copy is made, please post it here for broader use.

• Room 215
    Room 215

I understand the ad has run also in the Asbury Park Press; what about the Bergen Record?

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

If such a clean copy is made, please post it here for broader use.

Here's a PDF / clean copy of the advert:

PDF of advert

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Link, "like", and hashtag the shit out of it, people.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Richard O. Breakfast O.C.I had no idea that such a memo was sent out.

Whilst we all know contact with law enforcement has always been discouraged amongst JW's for victims of crimes committed by others within the org, including child sexual abuse, I wasn't aware of an *official written* admonition positively not do so *on pain of punishment*.

With the further instructions given with that order, this would explain why the authorities are convinced of the existence of a very extensive database

From what I have read on this site it seems certain Ted Jaracz was almost certainly the "behind the scenes" instigator of this abominable order.

Given their extensive powers and skill, with the co-operation that various national law enforcement teams maintain with each other it would Not surprise me if they have uncovered the real reason for Jaracz peremptory return to the States from Australian Bethel. Perhaps also any shady connections he maintained there.

I am no conspiracy theorist but the whole Watchtower involvement with paedophilia , in my opinion at least, gets darker by the day.😞

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Diogenesister - "... this would explain why the authorities are convinced of the existence of a very extensive database..."

The Org has all but admitted its existance, themselves.

Diogenesister - "From what I have read on this site it seems certain Ted Jaracz was almost certainly the 'behind the scenes' instigator of this abominable order."

Historically, leaders who've displayed a) lenient attitudes towards certain offenses and/or b) a propensity towards silencing victims of said offenses...

...have almost always been exposed as having been offenders themselves.

Diogenesister - "I am no conspiracy theorist but the whole Watchtower involvement with paedophilia, in my opinion at least, gets darker by the day..."

You are by no means alone in that opinion.

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

While I'm aware of letters to BOEs covering the confidentiality of child abuse cases, I've never seen a copy of any letter stating any kind of "punishment" other that the standard ones that relates to "an Elder that breaks judicial confidentiality may no-longer qualify as such". And as such a "punishment" letter would have to had been sent to every congregation Body world wide to be effective, I'm a little surprised that not one copy of it, has surfaced publicly when we consider how many ex-Elders and sympathizers are anti child abuse supporters.

I may be wrong ... but I'm fairly sure that if Elders were threatened with disfellowshiping for reveling child abuse the police (as I understand what some are saying here), that letter would have surfaced in the Australian Royal Commission and been used to rip apart the Watchtower defense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit