...but I happen to like the JWs/WT.....

by ScoobySnax 136 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

One of the best lessons I'm learning in my continuing exodus from JWism is to not condemn people for what they do. It's their choice. But that doesn't mean I have to approve of what people do (or don't do).

There is definitely a characteristic in our human nature that let's satisfaction develop into complacency, and complacency into hypocrisy.

No habit or quality is more easily acquired than hypocrisy, nor any thing sooner learned than to deny the sentiments of our hearts and the principle we act from: but the seeds of every passion are innate to us, and nobody comes into the world without them.
    Bernard Mandeville

I myself lived many years as a JW in that condition. I was satisfied to have my family again (after I was reinstated), became complacent with my peaceful life, and gradually became more and more a hypocrite as I turned my mind away from the increasing evidence of the comprehensive falsity of the WTS.

Which is why more now than ever before my daily goal is to live by that principle:

"An unexamined life is not worth living."

Craig

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I kinda am in agreement with every comment made here. But the one that striked me the most is Lady Lee's. Respect for one another, even when we don't agree with the choiches they make, thats one the most important things we can do.

Tho, if my mum would make a comment like yours Scooby, I'd bring on the full forces to get her act straight again. Cuz i love her deeply, and it would hurt my soul to see her sucked into a mindconsuming cult again.

Now, I do understand. As a witness, life is simplified, easy, comfy. Eternity is on the palm of your hand, your brothers and sisters are loving and caring and you feel like you have a place in this world, like you belong. I can understand you missing that feeling.

I do believe that, despite what Minimus said, Scooby is treated nicely by the brothers and sisters. I am too. Granted, hardcore elders and pioneers will shun me, but there are some brothers and sisters that talk to me when they see me, hug me, cry cuz they missed me *that happened on the one occasion I stepped foot in a KH after my DF* and in general are just nice to me. Some are. Others aren't, and I take great pleasure in showing them they are morons, but I am kinder to those still being kind to me.

The truth is, the WTBTS does NOT have the truth. There are many threads here that will prove that, many strings of logic that pull away the foundations of WT-doctrine. How could one ever stand behind an organisation, when you KNOW it is not holding truth.

In any case, my advise would be to let it go, accept you know and don't go back. Start a new life, with new friends, and live your own life. But the choice is, as always, yours. Find your happiness, and peace.

-

And the world shall tremble in the wake of the Blue Bubblegum
    Dutch District Overbeer

• talesin
    talesin

I have one friend from my JW days. He has been out (never baptized, so not DFd) as long as I (20-some years). He is wracked by guilt and covers it by drowning himself in booze. We have had many discussions about this. He doesn't understand how I can reject the JWs without fearing Armageddon. I don't understand why he still cares, but I accept his feelings.

My best friend growing up, I have not seen in 25 years . Although I called her about 5 years ago, she will not meet with me because she is leading a double life and afraid to get caught. We were like sisters. I have spent many hours grieving for her and the fear of reprisal that she lives with daily.

I hope you will be okay, Scooby, with this double life. It takes a severe toll emotionally, imho. If it ever comes crashing down, pls remember that you can (at least) turn here for support. Many on this board express warm feelings for you.

It is hard for some, like yourself, to make a definitive choice. Above all, take care of yourself, do what your gut tells you.

tal

• Been there
    Been there

The way I see it Scooby has a big war going on in his brain.

He can't stay out because his conscience won't let him.............He can't go back in because his conscience won't let him. He wants to be loved and accepted but if they knew how he really is they would never love or accept him. He is trying to live in the line between oil and water and they don't mix. If he agrees with us then he is being untrue to his other conscience, if he doesn't agree with us then he is being untrue to himself, he wants what he can't have, and wants to be accepted where they can not tolerate the real him. He can only stand on the sidewalk with his nose pressed up against the window asking passerbyes to look and see what great things are on the other side of the glass, but can not cross the threshold and wave people in from inside.

Scooby would probably feel better if he could pull himself away from that store window which really has nothing to offer him but pretty wrapping paper, walk down the street and try looking in some stores that sell what he is looking to buy, even if he's not sure what it is, he'll know it when he sees it. Both sides would be happy then.

Just my humble opinion.

Good luck on your journey Scooby.

Should'nt you be working on a presentation?

• avengers
    avengers

Now I'm really puzzled!

I really do. Jehovah's Witnesses. The Organisation. I love 'em both still

Bear with me while I try to reason. You love the Org. You love the JW's. I then take it you also are willing to follow their rules?
    Then I don't understand the following.

I even posted a pic of me, and more so even admitted that I'm gay

When you try to go back they won't even let you in until you're not gay anymore. This doesn't rhyme, does it?

Other points are: How can you love an Organization that you know condones child-abuse, is a pedo heaven? Most Dubbs on the "workfloor" don't know what's going on, but it seems you do. So how can you say you love them?

How can you love an Org. that willingly made deals and slept with the Scarlet-colored Wild Beast?

16 years they had shares in the Military. But they didn't know it. God's Spirit? Where?

And then to speak of the blood issue! They have the blood on their hands of my grand-daughter and many more grand-daughters and sons and children,,,,,,,,etc.....etc..... Murderers in sheep's clothing.

Anyone wanna continue this list? People who willingly go back to an Org which you know is corrupt and evil to the core, should go back, because according to me those persons are then just as evil.

The point is to get our loved-ones out!!! Damn it!!!!

.........Andy

• Hamas
    Hamas

Concerning judging the Watchtower Society in the same judgemental way that they judge, the time for morals or 'extracting straws' is over, my friend. Malcolm X once told the crowds gathered before him that his followers should 'talk the language of their aggressors', as it is the only language that these people could possibly understand.

The Watchtower Society has covered up child abusers and has lied to and decieved us for many years. So many families have been affected by their fundamental stance. Silent Lambs have asked the Watchtower to change their policy; they haven't listened. So many others have asked them to change policy on disfellowshipping, yet they haven't listened. The time of simply asking is over, my friend. We must speak in the language that they understand. Why should we continue to speak a foriegn language.

Scooby, I have no time for people who want to return to this shit. Of course, it is entirely your choice. But if you return, I shall class you as just another lemming desperatly following a group of tried old men for direction. In this manner, you are like so many others who, on being presented with so much evidence, continue to remain a witness and simply shut off any ideas to the contary. You will see the futility in what you are doing yet simply do it anyway.

If you love the Org so much, get off the fence and go back. People that arrive here have already looked at the Watchtower side of the story; and what they certainly don't need is you hyping the damn place up coupled with a heavy diet of mind control telling them that the WT is the only place to be.

• minimus
    minimus

Hamas, Your last paragraph says it all. This thread's purpose is so obvious......

• berylblue
    berylblue
    You know what, I didn't see them complaining that the new system hadn't arrived in 1975

They dare not. You know what happens to complainers, don't you? If you need a refresher course, go look in Exodus or where ever and see what happens to "God's people" when they bitch about something.

That account (of all those persons killed because they were sick to death of manna) was always brought to my attention whenever I whined about something at the KH, no matter how legitimate my complaint. After being reminded of how "God" views "murmurers", who in her right mind is going to speak up about anything?

Beaten into submission, and robbed of their souls, can you expect anything other than automaton-like obedience to the org?

• berylblue
    berylblue

Oh. Always great to see NILFUN. Intelligent, eloquent, succint comments which are always right on target. Thanks, Nilfun.

• little witch
    little witch

I find this entire thread convoluted.

Scoob is a gay dub, who loves the collection of fruitcakes, that hate his guts, Whilst harboring ill will for the board posters who accept him.

On this point, there can be no argument. If Scoob loves them and their teachings, then he cannot be ''on the fence''. This is considered an apostate place to be after all. So I do doubt his sincerity, or at least his mental well being.

I find it quite ironic that the two posters whom are giving Scoob such a hard time however, need to find some balance of their own.

I mean, Minimus has wracked up over 5000 posts in a year, asking silly fluff questions, never reveals anything about himself (which is fine by me, I dont have a problem with that), but he shouldn't IMHO slam someone who does reveal a bit of himself to us. At least Scooby had the balls to type out something not ending in a question mark.

Hamas has simply traded one fundy bunch of nuts for another, and is telling someone else to part ways with their warped group of religious fanatics, or screw off? Laughable...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit