...but I happen to like the JWs/WT.....

by ScoobySnax 136 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

I really do. Jehovah's Witnesses. The Organisation. I love 'em both still. Admittedly this only stretches to reading the wt/awake, the memorial, and the assemblies and not regular attendance, but I mean generally, I like 'em. Maybe its easier to talk the talk and not walk the walk. How much longer can one sit on a fence? Why hasn't the "spirit" of this DB caught me along with it yet, and why am I still sitting here watching. I think Northern Girls post made me think. hmmm.....

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

You like the fact that you can get away with only going to the memorial and assemblies and getting the mags rags. If the elders were riding your ass and your family were threatening to cut off all contact, you would make a decision. Sink or swim.

The fact that you log on here just about everyday is more telling. If you didn't like it, you wouldn't log on.

The big question is why?

Why do you like them?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Jehovah's Witnesses. The Organisation. I love 'em both still.

Maybe they're your kinda people, and vice versa?

• rocketman
    rocketman

Maybe it's a "best of both worlds" kind of thing Scoobmeister?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I'm confused

What is it you like about them? Do you believe it ALL? I know most of the people are nice but if they found out you were here what would they do? If you are on the fringes are you fully accepted?

And

What brings you here - back here again and again.

Perhaps if you find the answers to these questions you will know more clearly what is going on inside of you. And to do that requires bruatel honesty - with yourself.

I'm not asking so that you can answer MY questions (although I will listen) but rather that you ask yourself those questions.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Teenyuck...... good analogy, but not altogether true. I think even if they D/F me tommorow, I'd still think it was the Truth. I've given them every reason to. I guess I'd have to learn to accept the consequences of my actions. To me the "rules" were always set. I still reckon I couldn't get bitter because I flunked out. Bear in mind this applies to me only.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Its their organization and policies that most people have a problem with, not the people. I have nothing against many of the people that used to keep in contact with me. I'm not disfellowshipped or dissasociated but they just don't keep in contact anymore, some who were very close friends. Theres a problem where an organization teaches one thing and so blatantly practices another. There is a problem when children are forced to be seperate from their peers and pressured into joining the religion. There is a problem where people, even close family members are shunned for various reasons, some just for disagreeing with said organization. There is a problem when the "organizations" interests are put above the individuals. There is a problem when people are fooled into refusing medical treatment because they think god wants them to. Theres a problem when children are only allowed limited contact with their "nonbeliever" family members. MOst of them are fine, regular people, but the organization they follow is not for me. Maybe its for you, but you haven't exactly given yourself the "full experience" yet.

• gambit
    gambit

Is it just my imagination or what? If you like "intellectualizing" and "rationalizing" everything in life, then I can see liking the JW's... Did you ever in your life have an emotionally expressive conversation with a JW ? And I mean one where YOU really felt that the JW was expressing heartfelt sentiments that were sincere and not reeking narcissism and/or self-pity?

If you have, then you've found a JW that may be someone to hang on to... in fact, they may be leaving soon, so hang on tight.

gambit

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

..... in answer to "why do you still like them" question. I don't know. Why do I keep coming here? I don't know the answer to that either. Maybe I like some here. You're not all the big bad apostates I imagined you were standing outside conventions with flipcharts, you're people with feelings and emotions. Whilst some posts here I certainly don't like, and reasoning I don't think I ever will, I can choose to skip over. Like I said, I read NGs post and was amazed at those that critisised her, I had alot more respect for those that wished her well.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Then screw you, man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit