Charging $150 To Tell Your Stories

by Bangalore 178 Replies latest jw friends

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Maybe off-topic (maybe not)... Who was it that reprinted Crisis of Conscience without permission and then sold those copies online?

• jp1692
    jp1692

Diogenesister: There seems to be a battle at the moment as to who is going to be ' the 'voice' of the exjw community.

Puh-leeze!

There is no such things as "The Voice" of the ex-JW community. That's laughable. Leave one cult and join another.

But if there is anyone that could be a candidate for speaking clearly, calmly and articulately about our post-cult issues, I'd vote for Paul Grundy of jwfacts.com or Barbara Anderson. Lloyd Evans or the rest of the self-appointed motley crew of activists you mentioned would be summarily scratched off my list.

But we all have a voice. Some of us just choose to use it in different ways.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Diogenesister: (The Great Apostate has got in the game early and released one the other day, by the way.)

"How To Leave A Cult" A step by Step Guide To Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses - New Kindle Book by Neil Gardner AKA The Great Apostate

Includes preview of the Introduction.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Nacho: Consider Bo Juel's book ...

That's an interesting comparison, but I don't think it sheds much light or clarity on the matter. Not only are they different people, but Lloyd is a native speaker of English, Bo is not. I believe he is Norwegian.

Here is an interesting link to a previous thread where Lloyd introduces us to Bo:

The corresponding link to the jwsurvey article about Bo has been removed. No surprise there!

• Nacho Sanchez
    Nacho Sanchez

Wait, here's an instance where Lloyd uses "woman". Interesting he uses "woman" for his wife but "girls" for his cybersexting partners.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Wow, Neil asks 4$ for his book! I hope he sells thousands of those! I already asked him if he could make an audio book version of it. At that price, I'm a buyer!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    JP-y Puh-leeze!
    There is no such things as "The Voice" of the ex-JW community. That's laughable. Leave one cult and join another.

I was using air quotes so you knew I was being facetious.

Actually more toward journalists who seem to want a 'prominenten'( as they called them in Auchwitz) as they seem constitutionally incapable of asking anyone who isn't published.

Pretty certain this is behind Cedars 'How to leave exjw' pamphlet as it's sure not money or altruism. He obviously wants a way into a career in the media. Not that there is anything wrong in that but don't dress it up as humanitarian.

But if there is anyone that could be a candidate for speaking clearly, calmly and articulately about our post-cult issues, I'd vote for Paul Grundy

Well that goes without saying, which is exactly why the lawyers at the ARC used him as their advisor of sorts.

Like elders, those who don't push themselves forward are always the most genuine.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

LMAO 😂😂😂 people disliking Nacho's post as it's got a picture of Cedars!!!

Really people, Really?

• jp1692
    jp1692

Diogenesister: I was using air quotes so you knew I was being facetious.

Yes, I knew that because I'm familiar with your postings.

Sorry if it wasn't clear. I was running with the joke.

jp

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

whoops sorry. Thought so. Sometimes I need to a bit more!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit