Charging $150 To Tell Your Stories

by Bangalore 178 Replies latest jw friends

• Hecce
    Hecce
    \Why don't the people on those threads you linked to, the actual people he was openly discussing his ideas with, seem nearly as butthurt by his book ideas as the people here today?

Maybe is because what he is doing today is completely different to what he was exploring at that time.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

The answer to that is simple. Read the thread again about him starting to write the book. When he was first writing it, he made it clear that he was going to try his hardest to get his book published by a publisher. He spoke about “sample chapters” to be sent to publishers and asked for advice from writers on this forum who have been published before. Of course people were encouraging him to do this.

What eventually happened was very different from how he presented it in that thread. Say if he had started the thread off thus:

“I want to write a book about JWs and my life. After much effort, no publisher has been willing to pick up and fund this endeavour of mine. I am quitting my job to focus on working on these books and videos fullltime. Therefore I am asking that all of you donate to me so I can make this happen. My second book will include the provision of having your story re-told and published by me for the discounted price of $150. You will also have your picture taken with me, Lloyd Evans, for paying for this “perk”. This is my way of rewarding many of you in my important work of saving JWs. To donate, please go to the website...”

Suffice it to say the response wouldn’t have been anywhere nearly as supportive as the thread you see there. Keep in mind that at the time he announced the book he was still proofreading his wife’s translation work for a living.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

“I want to write a book about JWs and my life. After much effort, no publisher has been willing to pick up and fund this endeavour of mine. I am quitting my job to focus on working on these books and videos fullltime. Therefore I am asking that all of you donate to me so I can make this happen. My second book will include the provision of having your story re-told and published by me for the discounted price of $150. You will also have your picture taken with me, Lloyd Evans, for paying for this “perk”. This is my way of rewarding many of you in my important work of saving JWs. To donate, please go to the website...”

Well put,Las.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

No Messianic claims yet?

• Hecce
    Hecce

Surprisingly the friends over at the Spanish Forum view this situation from a different angle and they think that what this gentleman is doing is providing a great service to the ex JW community. Is like or similar to James Bond "license to kill"; Cedars has a "license to fleece".

• captaingrl
    captaingrl

snugglebunny, lol.

John Cedars have already accomplished the miracle of the multiplication of the chins!

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Hecce: Really? If that is true I think your friends are more Jehovah’s Witnesses than Latin Americans. Show anyone those pics of him in Venice scarcely 2 weeks after launching that crowdfund and you will get a lot of sarcasm and disbelief within the band of people I belong to.

• Hecce
    Hecce
    Hecce: Really? If that is true I think your friends are more Jehovah’s Witnesses than Latin Americans.

Never woman spoke thus, as this woman [speaks].

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

To anybody considering paying him. I have a better offer. If you own your home I will allow you to pay to change ownership to my name. Then instead of the hassle of payments to the bank you can make your payments to me. But wait!! Do this in the next 24 hours and I'll throw in a big fat sucker lolipop FREE!!! A sucker for a sucker!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit