Charging $150 To Tell Your Stories

by Bangalore 178 Replies latest jw friends

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

The more I see of Cedar's mugshot, the more he reminds me of Pablo Escobar.

• captaingrl
    captaingrl

more like his brother pedo escobar!

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
  • snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

That is very, very naughty.

Ha ha ha!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

😂😂

• jp1692
    jp1692

It’s really not nice to make fun of Lloyd this way.

C’mon, you’re talking about the man he loves!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Although I am not of fan of the cost here, nor of the fact that he didn't even reply to my query regarding helping to get the word out about my podcast activism, I have to say that I'm not a fan of vilifying the guy either. Picking at the word "girl" seems a stretch, even more labeling someone a "pedo" without real evidence. The guy is abrasive to some, has made enemies, but then again some of those people made him an enemy.

Props to the guy for doing a lot for doing a lot for the exjw community. His site and videos have helped a lot of people. It feels unfair to pick him apart just because he's vocal and puts himself out there. Does he get money for things? I'm sure, but let's not act like the man is getting rich. I don't want to be like the JWs that get up in arms about people selling book covers and such as though everything should be free and there's no cost to time. I have people asking me to put a Patreon account up for them to donate to my efforts in my podcast. I haven't yet, but it takes both time and money to do things. People want to pay to show support too.

It just don't get the desire to pile on people that do good things and to focus solely on the negative. It feels like a feeding frenzy and maybe some of those negative qualities allow him to do positive things too. Glass houses and all that stuff. It takes all types.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Dub, i felt the same until i realized he wrote it in a book. On purpose. And refuses to answer questions. A simply ‘bad choice of words’ would clarify it. He wrote and published it and now refuses to clarify. Thats on him.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Why do you or anyone feel like you're entitled to answers. How does it affect you? What exactly did he say? Is he defined by one moment in time? Why such delight in tearing someone down? If he owned up to some mistake in the past is he forever defined by it like a disfellowshipped person is forever labeled unless they come crawling back?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Well let me first clarify, i dont see any post i expressed delight in tearing him down. I laughed at the greatest man photoshop because lloyd is an arrogant SOB. I formed this opinion from my personal interactions with him and nothing he has done or said has changed my impression of him.

As for the rest, he wrote a book. If he didnt wish to speak of it or be questioned on it then perhaps he shouldnt have spoken of it. In a book. That he wrote himself. And published. And profited from. You dont get to choose which parts of a book people read once you write it. And publish it. And sell it.

As for your ridiculous comparisons to being df’d.... please. Because i think someone is an ass and dont want to deal with them dosent equate cult shunning. Thats called life. We dont all see eye to eye and we dont all like each other as besties. To take personal decisions and try to equate them to cult instituted shunning trivializes the pain inflicted by the cults manditory shunning. It also takes away the responsibility i willingly bear for having a view of a person.

In short, if didnt wish to share it then he shouldn't have shared it. Its public domain. He can clarify or not but its 100% a legitimate topic for discussion.

(edited to add: i see someone disliking your posts, just want to say its not me. Im happy to discuss why i feel as i do and bear no ill will towards you simply because you feel differently)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit