Charging $150 To Tell Your Stories

by Bangalore 178 Replies latest jw friends

• Alfred
  • Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

Pay the profiteer 150 so he can use your content and further profit and if you do this in the next 5 days you get a free sucker lolipop. A sucker for a sucker!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I would like to write another book. I have a job and spare time, but to really dedicate myself to it, I would rather you guys fund me. I find that sitting in a beach chair on a tropical beach most inspiring, so I will need quite a bit of money. But trust me, I will be hard at work.

• Hecce
    Hecce

Excuse me for asking this question that doesn't belong here:

Is there any truth to the rumors that Cedars was at one time involved in cyber sex with underage girls?

If there is a link please point me in that direction, if not my apologies.

Thanks

• Hecce
    Hecce

Some of the people that defend Cedars, are strong critics of Russell; basically both started in the same way or manner. They build their empire with OPM.

One of the mistakes that we made was thinking that Russell's organization was a religion and not a business. Cedars is going the same way.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Does Cedars love the sound of his own voice?

That should pretty well tell you all you need to know.

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

I have a question. If he chooses to use your content, for which you have paid him $150, who owns the copyright to your story? If you decided, at a later time, to write your own story... would you be in breech of copyright/plaigerism laws if you have some of the same content? Would he be legally able to sue you?

Did you know that even if you write something too similar to what you have already written you can be prosecuted for plagiarism?

This is a real issue, and I would advise anyone interested in contributing to his book to look into this before you sign up to give him your content.

• jp1692
    jp1692

jwundubbed, you raise a legitimate question concerning copyright ownership. Evan’s failure to address these issues can have potentially serious legal consequences.

The fact that Evans doesn’t even address them shows both his ignorance and the amateur nature of his approach to publishing.

Whenever an established, legitimate business seeks content from the general public through a contest or something there’s always a ton of fine print addressing just these sort of issues and concerns.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I feel sorry for the people who pay to have their names and stories included. I guess they think it has value, but I'm sorry it just seems embarrassing. They may look back and cringe. Lloyd seems to lack self-reflection. Everyone can make errors in judgment, but most people can see adverse feedback and respond and adjust accordingly. It was the same over the Facebook issue, where Lloyd insisted on his own anonymity for a long time, but considered others' loss of privacy as trivial. And would not back down or acknowledge the problem.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

is the facebook issue related to the exjw reddit? there seems to be some overlap of persona...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit