Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Status Update Thread

by Simon 656 Replies latest jw friends

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Guys I don’t know about vitamin C, although I’ve heard high doses given n China showed promise. However there is Published evidence that vitamin D and zinc gives a measure of protection against respiratory illness.

i cannot post you tube on this tablet, but Dr. John Campbell is giving daily updates and has been discussing some meta research (a cohort of 10,000 patients, which is quite the study)

• jhine
    jhine

A couple of thoughts on this , that won't be too popular .

A . Deaths in Italy where strict sanctions have been imposed are really high , so are those sanctions actually working ?

B How many deaths will be caused by the methods being used to stop deaths ? If people die from heart attacks and strokes caused from worry about their health or about financial problems caused by this situation will they be acknowledged as victims of the virus ? Seriously this will have a real negative impact on people's mental health .Guilt from having to lay off staff , worry about losing jobs and so maybe homes . l doubt very much that if deaths occur in these circumstances then they will be on the news .

Jan

• JeffT
    JeffT

They're setting up a two hundred bed field hospital a few miles from my house. I'm not big on conspiracy theories but this is making me wonder if somebody knows something they're not telling us.

https://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Workers-building-field-hospital-as-coronavirus-15143916.php

• sir82
    sir82

Why would you think it's a conspiracy?

Growth in the US is still exponential, even with only the inadequate testing done so far. Within about a month, if things go as they have up until now, we're going to need a few hundred, or a few thousand, of those field hospitals.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

They're setting up a two hundred bed field hospital a few miles from my house.

JeffT ...

Try to look on the bright side, as I try to do.

After this virus thing passes, these will be places for a lot of the homeless to go.

Rub a Dub

• caves
    caves
    They're setting up a two hundred bed field hospital a few miles from my house. I'm not big on conspiracy theories but this is making me wonder if somebody knows something they're not telling us.

I think its just due to Seattle being ground zero in the USA, with more cases of COVID-19. Ships on the way too, if they haven't arrived already.

Due to the umm, err, loose nature? of Seattle's law structure (That's as nice as I can put it) Its a do what we say not as as we do kind of of place. But we said a lot of nothing. Lovely.

All you have to do in Seattle is tell someone you don't recycle your plastic and that should take care of anyone coming around you. LOL. Easy social distancing.

In a state where more people believe in Sasquatch than they do there own local representatives (JK, sortof), It comes as no surprise that "conspiracy" is on the tips of peoples tongues.

Conspiracy's are abound everywhere right now. I wouldn't worry to much about it. Not much one can do anyway except try to keep a level head. And that's looks like its hard for folks everywhere during this pandemic.

Even for me, as I wait for my personal Sasquatch to come rescue me. It better hurry before I shapeshift into a chubracaba and run off into the wild. I got to have a sense of humor, its not been a fun week.

• newsheep
    newsheep
    Princess Margaret in Toronto called to say all scans and MRI's are rebooked for August. All surgeries unless life threatening are cancelled. However if you have done most of your chemo cycles and your cancer tumor has shrunk for surgery then too bad since those have also been cancelled until further date. My sympathy goes to those who have waited to hear the good news that they can now be operated on and now have to take a time out. My appointment for tomorrow's MRI was cancelled at Princess Margaret. On another note we have new borders who are renting our old farm house and could not afford the oil even though they said they could have not paid for the last oil bill or rent. And now with not being able to evict anyone is even harder. The only thing we can do is put the property up for sale and let them have a few month's free rent to find another place. When it rains it pours.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The UK has the slowest and poorest response of any country on earth, except possibly Iran. It seems terrifying clear that the UK will suffer the highest death rate of any western country from the pandemic because of monumentally poor leadership. Even if the UK dramatically altered course tomorrow and shut down, it will still have been far slower than most other countries have managed. It is a complete disaster. And the UK government shows no sign of altering course.

Italy shut down weeks ago and their deaths/day has still not peaked. Today along over 600 died in Italy. It is to be hoped things will finally start to turn in the next weeks or days.

https://youtu.be/3ePb5SjaPx8

• sir82
    sir82
    Even if the UK dramatically altered course tomorrow and shut down, it will still have been far slower
    than most other countries have managed. It is a complete disaster.

I dunno, if you count "Florida" as a country:

-- bars & nightclubs open until 3 days ago

-- beaches open until 2 days ago, and still technically up to local jurisdictions about whether to close them

-- thousands or tens of thousands of college-age spring breakers, after mingling in that environment for multiple days, are now driving back home, undoubtedly a huge proportion of them carrying the virus with them to infect their home towns.

I would not be surprised if Florida, with so many people 65+ and being even worse prepared for testing than most of the rest of the USA, just by itself surpasses the UK's, or even Italy's, overall death count.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Okay Florida might be worse, but it’s not a country. Do they have many cases so far? Because the UK has more cases now than Italy did when it went into lockdown. It’s a complete disaster and the worst political leadership in the country’s history. Sturgeon has been no better, I have to add. Disappointing doesn’t begin to describe it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit