Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Status Update Thread

by Simon 656 Replies latest jw friends

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Europe traveling to US suspended. I dont get why UK is exempt.

Instructions to disinfect the hall every meeting. Phone tie ins are overloaded. Lots staying away from meeting

World markets will take a long time to recover. Some of the chinese commerce cant be made in America, ( or Europe) the machinery is gone.

• caves
    caves

Drive through testing sites up and running in the Seattle area. Can only test 50-60 a day. That started two days ago so may be able to test more as of today.

I heard of more testing facilitates today because a client in their (70s) is getting the test done because they are ill. They are moneyed so that might make a difference on the using the testing facility that is not drive through and not in a hospital. IDK, I didn't ask.

So I am obviously anxious to know as I have been working around them for the last several days. I'm trying not to panic. My other client was ill last week and I was around them today. This person is actually an 'immunity' therapist, whatever that means. They said borders should have been closed weeks ago.

Anyhow, Its becoming a little to ghost town-ish around here.

I live in a place where everyday a logger or psycho drivers try to run you off the road. Its a thing in this little town, no joke. However the last week it seems everyone is driving really careful which is fine, but considering the norm it does feel very weird.

• JeffT
    JeffT

The outbreak in Seattle did not start in the asian community. (I live in Woodinville, just northeast of Seattle). It took off in a nursing home and hospital, both only a long walk from my job. I don't know if they've identified the source, there could be a chinese connection, but I have not heard anything for sure.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

I posted this elsewhere and thought it might be useful here for the global picture.

It's from the John Hopkins University, real time updates.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

jtg

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Personally I prefer this site to the John Hopkins which I find clunky:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Especially informative, and currently terrifying, is the log graph of total deaths on an exponential upward curve. Let’s hope this soon reverses.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Thank you slimboyfat.

I agree, now that I've tried your suggestion. The Hopkins was the first site I spotted at the time.

jtg

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Special meeting part, extra cleaning at halls. Meeting attendance half, phone overloaded. The phone patch is one of the few things we can actually see our donations used for, along with lights and heat. I never put money in the world box, the congregation sends enough.

There are mostly old vulnerable witnesses nowadays.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    Europe traveling to US suspended. I dont get why UK is exempt.

UK isn't part of the EU's Schengen agreement. Schengen countries have open borders. UK doesn't.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Mormon friends posted a long letter from their outfit. Lots of plans to move missionaries, reassign, curtail worship, closing some temples. Well thought out and without a cloak of secrecy like dubs. I havent heard how any other churches are reacting.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

Yesterday Kim Brooks read a letter about a circuit assembly or circuit assemblies NOT being cancelled. I assume it was in the U.S.A. So, Bethel has been closed since the 7th at least, but assemblies continue???

Murderous blood guilty hypocrites.

Yet another do as we say, not as we do.

Greedy bastards still wanting their money making scheme to go on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit