Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Status Update Thread

by Simon 656 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82
    Florida might be worse, but it’s not a country.

It is kind of its own little universe but it is part of the USA. Thanks in part to Florida, expect the USA numbers to dwarf everywhere else soon.

Do they have many cases so far?

Undoubtedly, but no one knows for sure since there is a grave shortage of tests available.

It's almost like it was easier to think it was all a "hoax" and do nothing until people actually started, you know, dying.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    Okay Florida might be worse, but it’s not a country.
  • 2+2=5
    2+2=5

“Florida might be worse, but it’s not a country.”

😂😂😂

Stay away from churches and recruiters Slim.

• Terry
    Terry

EVANGELICALS of every stripe have pretty much the same mindset since
    they live in a different world from the rest of us.

To wit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC7Efb_lWiw

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Florida might be worse, but it’s not a country

South Florida may technically not be a separate country but it's pretty darn close, more like a territory like Puerto Rico. Or think of it like the Barcelona area in Spain compared to the rest of the country.

I've been here 30+ years and would never go back north. The main negative here is just the high cost of everything.

Tenga un buen dia.

Rub a Dub

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Some are saying St Corona is the patron saint of pandemics. Others dispute this but she is associated with money and ironically the stock market has crashed. Whoever comes up with cure might make enough money to pay off the cost of getting through this.

Corona is especially venerated in Austria and eastern Bavaria. She is invoked in connection with superstitions involving money, such as gambling or treasure hunting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_and_Corona

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Terry, after watching that video,

I think I'd prefer a 'godless' atheist Chinese over any 'evangelical' Christian American.

• Simon
    Simon

Why does it matter whether Florida is considered a country or not? By that measure, is Italy a country or just a province of the EU? I don't think the virus cares about our artificial groupings to be honest.

• JeffT
    JeffT

It is not yet an official order to shelter in place, but we're getting close. The Governor is strongly encouraging it. My wife and I are both minimizing time out of the house (we did some yard work today and that's it). She's 68 and has an autoimmnue issue, I'll be 69 in two weeks so we're trying to take care. Fortunately my employer is being very supportive of staff that need to do this.

That said, I'm going to be batshit crazy if this goes on too long. I'm editing a novel in preparation for self-publication and binge watching old war movies and science fiction. It's going to get old fast.

• Simon
    Simon

Stay safe JeffT, being at home and interacting online gets easier.

Just saw this, great demonstration of how to wash your hands and how you probably think you're washing them but maybe aren't doing a thorough job.

Well worth the click & watch !!!

https://twitter.com/ianbremmer/status/1241131202322497536

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit