Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Status Update Thread

by Simon 656 Replies latest jw friends

• road to nowhere
  • minimus
    minimus

Road , that is DISGUSTING!!! And sorry to say , I believe it.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ROAD TO NOWHERE:

I read that Breitbart article and I believe it. Just looking at their history of human rights abuses, killing off old people during famines, etc. plus the cruelty of the communist regime - it’s easy TO believe it.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I have finally come to an illustration of this thing:

Smallpox with modern air travel, no vaccine. Both are viruses

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ROAD TO NOWHERE:

There is a vaccine for smallpox. But, only the military get it now. I might have been one of the last civilians to get a booster vaccination in the early ‘70s.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Long

Yes. My point was how bad it would be with no vaccine. still running rampant. It is hard to get my mind around the seriousness. Stopping the whole world. I am not a scoffer, but lots are Air travel has to be part of the formula making this worse. The isolation orders are a joke, no enforcement here at least; and there are so many exceptions. I also dont want my door welded shut.

I am one of the few old people who never got vaccinated. Parents were Members of a sect that didnt get them

• Simon
    Simon

The animation of the flu charts shows how they can lag reality, so viewing charts before all the data is included can be misleading.

That is, to some degree, what we're doing with China Virus / Covid-19 as well:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1247706877145776129

• Simon
    Simon

re: vaccines, there are some reasons that more aren't developed for previous things, which may have put us in a better place by having a "vaccine industry"

Take Zica virus for instance, a vaccine was developed, but because the company that did it 'collaborated' with the US military in its development, the crazy commie fool known as Bernie Saunders called for boycotts of the company who were pressured to withdrawn the vaccine from the market. Companies that have been burnt once by the powers-that-be are twice-shy of repeating the mistake.

Some spent lots of money on previous outbreaks (e.g. SARS) only for the virus to be contained and render the investment worthless. If they were rewarded with profits for getting it right, it could be worth the investment, but if they are declared "predatory" for spending $billions successfully developing a vaccine and have people demand that it should be free, what incentive is there for the investment? There has to be a 'win' for them.

The threat of litigation means that many companies don't want to take the risk with vaccines - simply taking anything has a risk, and especially if people take vaccines then anything that coincidentally happens after that is declared as caused by it, even if the stats of how many people develop something don't change (i.e. we know the vaccine isn't the cause). Too small of a profit motive and too high a risk of liability lawsuits make it a poor market to be in.

Thank your politician, lawyers and anti-vaxxers for creating the perfect environment to put people off developing as many life-saving vaccines as they otherwise could.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ROAD TO NOWHERE:

You were never vaccinated for anything? Witnesses are really extreme and this endangers everybody else..I’m a little uncomfortable with vaccines but I do get them.

I’m glad you made it this far without them but that’s only because the rest of the population IS vaccinated.. (and you don’t live in a third-world country) so it was highly unlikely you would come down with anything major.

But, things are different now with unlimited immigration from places where people weren’t vaccinated and disease runs rampant. Hopefully, you’ll get through life without this being an issue. Meanwhile, let’s get through this coronavirus thing!

• TD
    TD

I am one of the few old people who never got vaccinated. Parents were Members of a sect that didnt get them

Wow....

Not even the OPV (Sabine) Polio vaccine?

--A sugar cube with a pink dot handed to you in a Dixie cup?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit