No more REPORTING field service!!!!!!!!!

by BoogerMan 176 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Balaamsass2 - The governing body puts problems to rest...”

Hmph.

Put one to rest, and they create three more for themselves.

🙄

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

"Of course, not one of us believe the reasons that the Governing Body gave for the change.

They are not honest men.

If their reasons were true then they would apply equally to those that are still required to report such as pioneers/missionaries etc.

If their decisions don't make sense from a human viewpoint then it's only because they are lying as to the reasons why they made them."

The Governing Body are liars.

The Governing Body doesn't really care about God's Name. They don't really care about people.

The whole reason the top headquarters people have been promoting the "ministry" all these years is the same reason Charles Taze Russell started this business - for personal gain.

C. T. Russell used to be a businessman selling gents goods. He traded it in for what would become a tax-exempt pyramid-scheme religious-book-selling business.

The guys at headquarters are at the top of the pyramid scheme. They don't care about "ministry". They care about money and power.

They get their power by maintaining the unscriptural hierarchy and they maintain the money flow by selling product. It used to be their product was publications, but that's changed. Now it's real estate.

They don't need the "ministry" part for sales as much, but since it is the cover for their real estate scheme, they have to maintain it. The cart thing is an easy way to do it. So is the website thing.

It's all about show. They can change the reporting to try to look like they care, but it's only because they didn't care about the ministry hours anymore anyway. They don't get their money from selling publications at this point, they get it from automatic monthly donations and from selling real estate.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Have the legal data protection/privacy laws played a role in this decision, does anyone think?

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

It's definitely possible. Here during the pandemic, elders and circuit overseers were having publishers look up online tax records, social media, and website directories to compile territory spreadsheets for letter and phone witnessing. We were told to compile pertinent details, try to find out who was there and what they might be dealing with (like ages, marital status, etc.) Made spreadsheet after spreadsheet with that kind of information. Even got to see the house plans on some of the homes if the town website had a detailed enough tax record program. We were told to go on GoogleMaps and do a visual virtual "drive" down their street, see what the homes looked like, if we could tell if they might have kids, what condition the home was in. Never got consent from anyone to compile that data. Could be it's coming back to bite them, like this older article in 2018 shows...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-eu-data-jehovahwitnesses/eu-court-says-jehovahs-witnesses-must-comply-with-data-privacy-laws-in-door-to-door-preaching-idUSKBN1K01LJ

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I've long faded, but I say good riddance to bad rubbish. They can stop labeling people as low-hour publishers now. 👍

• Dagney
    Dagney

There was an interview with a Bethel rep on YouTube for a radio show and it was acknowledged that in most areas, people to not want strangers coming to their doors. It isn’t productive from the JW standpoint and a safety issue for the householder. Different times. Gone are the days just being seen in field service was supposed to be “a witness for Jehober.” Nobody cares about them.

The corporation is run by accountants and lawyers, and their goal is to protect assets. The GB are figure heads to relay the messages of fear and control.

I’ve been talking to my elder brother a bit more due to family issues. I’m wondering if he is going to say anything about this.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I cannot see that Data Protection has anything to do with a dub’s time in the Ministry.. I can only think that it is just not as important any more……. I am sure that less time will be spent.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I do wonder if Retention, especially of younger members is a reason, 99,9% hate going D to D.

Perhaps as well , the well justified charge of them being an Authoritarian High Control Group made often by me, and many other ex-JW's, is hitting them. Or they think it is, and they can now say things like : "Isn't it wonderful that our god Jehoober trusts us as his faithful servants to do his work of saving lives, doing us much as our hearts motivate us to do."

This Control Method of time reporting now having gone for good, I am hoping a relaxing of the Shunning policy follows, that is the now remaining overt Control method that causes people who know about it to reject their blandishments, and rightly label them a Cult. We can but hope.

• Listener
    Listener

Breaking News on the NEWs section JW.org

BREAKING NEWS | Adjustments to Field Service Reporting

On October 7, 2023, at the annual meeting of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, the following exciting announcement was made. Beginning November 1, 2023, congregation publishers will no longer be asked to report the amount of time they spend in the ministry. Nor will publishers be asked to report their placements, the videos they show, or return visits. Instead, the field service report will simply have a box that allows each publisher to indicate that he or she shared in any form of the ministry during the month.

There will be one more box where publishers can report the number of different Bible studies they conduct.
    Missionaries, circuit overseers and their wives, special pioneers, regular pioneers, and auxiliary pioneers will continue to report the number of hours they spend in the ministry, along with the number of different Bible studies they conduct. Further information about this adjustment will be provided to all congregations in the coming weeks.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" allows each publisher to indicate that he or she shared in any form of the ministry during the month."

As I alluded to above, I bet some very creative definitions of sharing in some form of ministry are invented !

Terry, in the other thread on this, has made the reasonable assumption a bit more solid, that $$$ are also behind the move, making proving, in Court, the Org. has responsibility for Abuse within its ranks ever harder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit