No more REPORTING field service!!!!!!!!!

by BoogerMan 176 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So 10 hours a month, every month, ( not 12, 6, 2, 16, ect ) as the “Biblical requirement” of being “tested as to fitness first” is done…

10 hours was either unscriptural to begin with/Jesus was wrong, or the GB were wrong for DECADES and didn’t listen to Jesus.

I suppose if you want to be a J-Dumb and be on the TMS ( Jab required) then the GB don’t really need any other signs of loyalty.. You let them violate you so you’re probably going to do anything they say, even if it doesn’t make sense to any rational mind..

These are the same people that would tell you to paint an entire building with a 2” paintbrush alongside an entire congregation of J-dumbs with 2” paintbrushes…

DD

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

tested as to fitness first” is done…

Pioneers are still required to report so now the test to fitness is being a reporting pioneer —it appears.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Stan live death / Vidiot - yes I was thinking along the same lines. Same story with ending the book study, as a meeting point for when the great tribulation starts. In reality it just become to much of a liability if anything went down during a Wt sanctioned event.

• Dagney
    Dagney

It’s a legal move for sure IMHO.

Can you even imagine what Pennsylvania is going to cost them! It will be epic.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

Bloody hell!

COs such as “Cyclone Rex” Manwaring will now have nothing with which to harangue the publishers about. (The subject of “hours” was all you ever heard from the likes of him).

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

On the other hand, nobody will be able to prove in court that someone was part of a congregation anymore. It is a requirement as a JW to go door-to-door, you proved that by turning in a report every month and most of the hours were supervised by an officer of the corporation or his delegates, so elders were often on the hook for child molestation that happened during service hours.

Now there is no longer any paper trail, was so-and-so a JW - we don’t keep track of that. Did they do something during supervised time - we don’t keep track of that. Did they ever go in service - we don’t keep track of that.

It will also be more and more difficult to document the decline of the organization. The reduction in Bible studies and apparent results has been a stumbling block to active Witnesses and a laughing stock to the ex-JW and other outside observer communities.

• Ding
    Ding

They'll still be able to say, "Our zeal in witnessing shouldn't flag at all in these last days. By the way, Brother PIMO, would you like to come out in service with me on Saturday?"

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

For 50 years Roe v Wade was in the American fabric as Supreme Court Precedent. But it was recently overturned because the court went back to the originals.

For more than 50 years, counting and reporting field service time was part of JW life. This was overturned in a day, well, with the help of pioneer hour reduction over the years. Maybe they are going back to the originals and eliminating all of this add on rules. New GB members bringing new views?

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

For some time now I have heard that the GB have been using the term personal ministry when speaking about field serve-us.

If is your personal ministry then you are accountable only to god, not some organization. i said as much to a PIMI woman I know who was asking if I had heard the news. I got the "squint eye" and she asked who I've been talking to. HA!

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

After all, the unspoken 10 hour requirement is a major qualification for those positions, and now, just about anybody would qualify, as long as they know how to wash windows.

Don't forget, they have to still have a penis, and be baptized.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit