No more REPORTING field service!!!!!!!!!

by BoogerMan 176 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Some on this forum may not be aware of what GB Herd said just prior to making the announcement about abolishing monthly field service hour reporting.

The Governing Body are dumber than a box of rocks. The following is word for word GB Herd's opening introduction as to why we shouldn't have to report our time to the Governing Body:

"Can you imagine Jehovah judging an Israelite unfaithful because his tenth was less than another person's tenth? Of course not! Everyone's abilities & circumstances are different....Jehovah did not require others to monitor or to keep track of each person's tithe...tithing was entirely between the individual Israelite & Jehovah.

The Governing Body believes the same principle can be applied when it comes to reporting our time in the ministry. Our ministry involves much more than counting time. For this reason we are pleased to announce...(GB Herd proceeds with the announcement)"

It took well over a hundred years for WT to figure out that reporting time was not only not acceptable to God but also an enormous waste of time & encroachment on the rank & file privacy!

Truly, Jehovah’s Witnesses have a bunch of meathead dimwits running this religion!🤣

• Persnickety
    Persnickety
    Don't they require individual online donations now via a personal login and electronic debit? Doesn't this constitute "monitoring and keeping track of someone's donation?
  • Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Persnickety.......BINGO..... we have a winner! lol. It is all about the $$$$$ SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!! :)

"Don't they require individual online donations now via a personal login and electronic debit? Doesn't this constitute "monitoring and keeping track of someone's donation?"

My mom a JW since 1936..always told me: " Hun, ...Always... donate by check..cause you can write it off...and at least one MS and an Elder or Two have to notice you keep their lights on". lol.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

We can't forget that from the same idiots mouth that ""a womans brain is smaller"",,,Sam Herd.

What is his source?

• Listener
    Listener

Are they reasoning that Jehovah is no longer judging them on the amount of hours that they witness but is still doing so when it comes to pioneers and others?

In another part they talk about giving your best which has no connection with giving 10%.

They also talk about the pioneers being like the Nazarene's because they made a vow to commit (to certain requirements, as in hours). Later they mention something no longer being applicable because there is no type/antitype. But the organisation still sees counting time as an important part for them and that monitoring time is still a requirement even though they just said that Jehovah doesn't require it and that it's not an important part.

They've created a new class of JW, one that doesn't need monitoring and one that does.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

They don't know what they are talking about..

Let alone teaching people.

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

Maybe that is why they appear to have changed the belief regarding salvation. If these changes mean fewer people hear the good news, they won't be doomed because they can repent at the last moment and be saved.”

this is absolutely massive. Before this new light it was the best ever way to wake someone up asking them do they really believe only baptised members and their children will survive Armageddon? Only 8 million survivors and around 8 Billion slaughtered?

I think the gov body saw that any PIMOs who really thought about this would seriously start doubting the doctrine. So they have had new light that perhaps Jehovah will be more lenient.

Yes less ministry needs to be done now if any good people will make it. Perhaps only the really really bad people will be slaughtered at Armageddon. In which case why bother preaching at all?

I also heard a brother quote Matt 24:14 and said Weill this has now been accomplished in all the nations for over 100 years. He thinks it’s encouraging to say we can sort of slacken off now just before the end. Soon one more push of the hailstorm judgement message and that’s the time all the good people will jump the right side of the fence.

yes the maps will not really be needed that much anymore as it was always a doubtful data protection problem. You were not allowed to write anything down but some brother cheated and took selfies outside numbers instead of writing them down and things like that.

my predictions are publishers were do hardly any ministry at all now and the poor pioneers will be on their own after publishers do tens mins or so. The pioneers numbers will start falling after this change. They will seriously rethink now it’s so unfair on them and they will be on their own after ten mins or so.

My wife and I still love going on the ministry groups for the social aspect. But we hate door to door. We may do ten mins then say we are going to do some ‘calls’ or ‘street work’ until the 11 o’clock coffee break.

It’s much easier being a JW these days with zoom for most of the meetings and just go a few times per month to in person at the KHall. Then go to all the gatherings and coffee meet ups. Do ten mins first call once every few months and tick the box that you participate in some form of witnessing.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    they appear to have changed the belief regarding salvation

Really? I missed that, could anyone enlighten me please?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"Truly, Jehovah’s Witnesses have a bunch of meathead dimwits running this religion!🤣" I agree with that as applied to the G.B, but the shadowy Financial and Legal guys are maybe not the sharpest tools in the box compared to others in "the World", but THEY I'm sure a behind this move.

As said earlier in this Thread, it distances the Org. from the accusation of "Agency" over JW's responsible directly for Abuse or those who should have prevented it. Therefore liability is denied, and the poor victims do not get their deserved Justice from "Jehovah's loving Org." Or even a degree of Closure, they remain Victims for the rest of their lives. That is both mercenary and Cruel.

Follow the Money is always a good dictum when they do ANYTHING these days.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Magnum: Like... how many decades does it take them to get the memo from their God?

Yeah, really. I agree that it's embarrassing. You cannot help but get the impression that Jehovah has been pranking them all this time. "This new light completely invalidates decades of teachings! If you were disfellowshipped as an apostate, it turns out you were right! But you're still an apostate! Clearly, we can see how Jehovah guides us through his holy spirit! Please keep obeying! Please keep giving generously!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit