No more REPORTING field service!!!!!!!!!

by BoogerMan 176 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Wow, this is a major change. JFRutherford, NHKnorr, and old Freddie are probably rolling over in their graves.

I am a little surprised that elders and ministerial servants are not included in the groups who would continue to report their hours. After all, the unspoken 10 hour requirement is a major qualification for those positions, and now, just about anybody would qualify, as long as they know how to wash windows.

Biggest change in JW land in years

edited to add: my prediction : <within 10 years, women will be allowed to be ministerial servants and elders>

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Whenever there is a big change, there is a motivation behind it. I wonder if it has to do with how the upper crust is trying to distance themselves from regular folk. Someone who reports has a boss. Are they trying to show that the regular jw is independant and therefore whatever he/she does is not a reflection on them? Does this have anything to do with all the lawsuits?

This makes me think back when they stopped charging for the literature. It was touted as a loving provision when in reality, it was about losing their charity status.

This organization is pragmatic and looking to guard its own interest for survival . There is nothing scriptural in anything they do

• Dagney
    Dagney

The corporation only makes decisions to benefit themselves.

Any idiot can see the the ridiculousness of the cart service where thousands stand around talking to themselves for hours is no life saving “ministry”.

They have to try to stop the hemorrhaging somehow. And with copious lawsuits pending, try to keep the money they have and contributions.

Counting time made the insecure feel good about themselves while alienating those in more complicated circumstances.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Very true, wanna exit. There is always an ulterior motive. They DO NOT want to show how badly the numbers have tanked.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" They DO NOT want to show how badly the numbers have tanked." That was my thought as I started reading this Thread, no more will they have to declare someone "spiritually weak" or an irregular publisher, the latter being the important of the two, to them,the G.B, anyone can make an excuse in their mind and say "Well, I said so-and-so to that guy, so I have taken part in FS this month" and tick the box.

It means that any kind of attempt at pastoral care is gone, how will Elders know who is a keen Witness or is just jogging along ?

I cannot suppress the suspicion that somehow $$$ are behind this, they always are, with the org. Is it because they can continue to pretend to the World they have a large active membership ?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

ARE YOU F’ING KIDDING ME!!!!!!?!?!?!?

The measure of spirituality for Dubs, and especially Brothers reaching out, the subject that caused so much heartache for men who were actually good people and sincerely wanted to be Ministerial Servants because they wanted to help their fellow Dubs, the every six month kick to the balls that sent so many, including myself, into a spiral of depression and that caused so many fights ( Wife: “Your’re not “spiritual”, you’re not progressing. Why are so-and-so already Elders and you aren’t an MS..what are you secretly doing that disqualifies you/we can’t do more/be more/be included in more because of you ) the qualifications from THE BIBLE have just been scrapped???

Unbelievable…..

DD

• Gorb
    Gorb

This all because of the enorm success of field service hours. To many to count. 🤣🤣🤣.

180 years too late.

G.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Pontoon: "Right or wrong, good or bad, the organization is an empty shell compared to what it used to be."

It's like they're just giving up.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Well this is going to mess up the nice graphs

• Ding
    Ding

"...the field service report will simply have a box that allows each publisher to indicate that he or she shared in any form of the ministry during the month."

That could mean anything, even giving one friendly greeting to a visitor at a meeting.

If this is such a wonderful change, why did it take them this long to make it?

Now what will the COs have to complain about to the elders? Not enough pioneers? Not enough studies being conducted?

Why would they do this with Armageddon supposedly sooooo close?

So they can circle the wagons and hide in bunkers more effectively?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit