No more REPORTING field service!!!!!!!!!

by BoogerMan 176 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

nicolau: Really? I missed that, could anyone enlighten me please?

I think it is in another topic. They now believe that those who are alive when the great tribulation begins will have the option to accept the truth and be saved, even if they rejected the preaching message before. In the past, they stated that the preaching work was of paramount importance because once the great tribulation began, salvation was no longer on offer. Which is why they taught that there would come a time when the preaching message would change from an offer to a condemnation.

I'm assuming this means that they no longer expect to preach a message of doom just prior to the end. Especially when they appear to have de-emphasized the importance of such work by reducing the reporting requirements for most of the rank and file.

• hoser
    hoser
    Persnickety10 hours ago
    Don't they require individual online donations now via a personal login and electronic debit? Doesn't this constitute "monitoring and keeping track of someone's donation?

Balaamsass210 hours ago

Persnickety.......BINGO..... we have a winner! lol. It is all about the $$$$$ SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!

"Don't they require individual online donations now via a personal login and electronic debit? Doesn't this constitute "monitoring and keeping track of someone's donation?"

My mom a JW since 1936..always told me: " Hun, ...Always... donate by check..cause you can write it off...and at least one MS and an Elder or Two have to notice you keep their lights on". lol.

This^^^^^^

At the assembly day they recommend on line donating with your credit card. A practice they formerly condemned false religion for. Yes, they will take your cash or check donation but electronic donations are preferred.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

They don't know what they're talking about.

Or what they've taught.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Y writes

While no former or current JW actually knows, we can only speculate. My speculation is that the Annual reports after Covid have not improved. Hours are way down according to the last couple years. The easiest way to fix this problem is to only track if someone participated in the ministry or did not. This will bring the publisher count up and perhaps to new highs. Otherwise, there is no good reason for the JWs to stop doing this. There were countless articles when I was in that explained why detailed reports were required and necessary. All sorts of reasons such as Jehovah being a God of order, how necessary preaching work changes could be made from this info.

The real reason for the reports were for accountability and proof of Jehovah blessing the organization using those statistics. The Kingdom ministry would publish a monthly report for your country and most importantly a “national average.” Most appointments within a congregation used the national average as the bare minimum for anyone to get appointed within the congregation. So I would guess that getting in good with the Elders is even more important now if you’re pursuing an appointment. But this is VERY counter to the preaching work being sped up. That line has been used many times over the decades.

Two rounds of bethel layoffs had that line attached to justify the need to downsize. Now the preaching work is becoming a formality. Instead of pursuing people, they stand at a cart and talk to no one. Now you just put down on a report whether you participated or not. The urgency is gone. The biggest change though is not the field service reports but the fact that the Great Tribulation is no longer the cutoff on whether you can make it through Armageddon. Now people can become JWs or even repent well into the Great Tribulation. If you’re a critical thinker, then you can wait to see if anything the JWs preach actually ever came true. Then throw your hat in if you desire. No reason to commit to an organization until they actually produced factual evidence of being right.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

I had to create an illustration for a former non-JW workmate to show how huge this was going to be for JW's.

We worked together in a factory for years, so I asked him, "If the management suddenly announced that none of the hourly-paid workers had to clock in or out from now on, how do you think the workforce would react?"

I'm convinced the org will be forced into making further changes/announcements over the next 6 - 12 months when the effects of this "new light" really kick in.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"The fact that the Great Tribulation is no longer the cutoff on whether you can make it through Armageddon. Now people can become JWs or even repent well into the Great Tribulation."

Speculation about prophesy is always difficult. I wouldn't hold anything to this or any prior teachings about this subject. Some people believe that to survive armageddon, one must be a baptized active Witness, or progressing towards that. But yet armageddon has not come yet. I know of ones who were baptized in 1958 assembly but have died so all of their efforts didn't get anyone or themselves through armageddon.

• Riley
    Riley

I remember about 10 years ago, we were having a really miserable January. It was literally -40 the entire month. There was a little break in the weather near the end of month, maybe it was only -30 and still icy as hell. The CO was coming for a visit and everyone was in a mad panic to get here hours in.

Two sisters got killed on an Icy highway, after getting hit by a semi. There was no sane reason that anyone should be out there. No leadership in the corg. No said " don't get yourself killed out there, your life is worth more than a time card. "

Funerals were a sales pitch for the borg. The two brother were remained within the year. What a joke.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Vanderhoven7 - “…The real reason for the reports were for accountability and proof of Jehovah blessing the organization using those statistics…”

Not to mention keeping a Mississippi-sized paper trail of “charitable activities” for tax-exemption if they were ever audited by the IRS.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Vanderhoven7 - No reason to commit to an organization until they actually produced factual evidence of being right.”

Jeezus, it’s like they want the fakers, faders, and fence-sitters to fuck off.

🤨

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"Jeezus, it’s like they want the fakers, faders, and fence-sitters to fuck off."

It would probably be better for all parties if they did. The mental gymnastics of faking, fading and fence-sitting can't be good for mental health.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit