No more REPORTING field service!!!!!!!!!

by BoogerMan 176 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

This is going to break the hearts of a lot of uber-JW's! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reddit has now REMOVED the video link of Samuel Herd telling JW's they will no longer have to report time or placements - just tick a box which says "Active."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkDshYx79rM&t=13s

• Zilgee
    Zilgee

BREAKING NEWS | Adjustments to Field Service Reporting

On October 7, 2023, at the annual meeting of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, the following exciting announcement was made. Beginning November 1, 2023, congregation publishers will no longer be asked to report the amount of time they spend in the ministry. Nor will publishers be asked to report their placements, the videos they show, or return visits. Instead, the field service report will simply have a box that allows each publisher to indicate that he or she shared in any form of the ministry during the month. There will be one more box where publishers can report the number of different Bible studies they conduct. Missionaries, circuit overseers and their wives, special pioneers, regular pioneers, and auxiliary pioneers will continue to report the number of hours they spend in the ministry, along with the number of different Bible studies they conduct. Further information about this adjustment will be provided to all congregations in the coming weeks

• Journeyman
    Journeyman

Very interesting. They've finally removed the unscriptural requirement for everyone to report time and numbers of placements.

Of course, I'm sure it's nothing to do with wanting to make the ministry more like the Christian ministry that Jesus established, and remove a burden on the brothers and sisters - more likely just because the number of hours and placements that the average publisher reports each month has fallen to disappointingly low levels.

And if anyone needed yet another incentive NOT to pioneer, this is it. Yes, why not enter the full-time service, and continue having to report hours and studies every single month! Or... you could just not bother, and you'll never have to report stats again! Woohoo! They really haven't thought that one through...

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JOURNEYMAN:

I feel it’s probably not only because hours are at ‘disappointingly low levels’…but because they have been exaggerated or just plain lied about for years and years!

So, it would make perfect sense for the religion to tell people to just tick a box that says ‘Active’. They just dispensed with a charade.

• megabyte_vijay
    megabyte_vijay

I fought with CO regarding this and stopped reporting one and half year ago.

• pontoon
    pontoon

Right or wrong, good or bad, the organization is an empty shell compared to what it used to be.

• pontoon
    pontoon

Disappearing from JW speak......" did you get your time in yet?"......"you going out in service?..."no, I got my time in"......."I only need 1 hour to make my time for the month"

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

If I was still a regular pioneer getting 90 hours a month in and I heard this I would have thought 'What is the bloody point of flogging my guts out when the rank and file can report miniscule ministry.'🤷‍♀️

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

The pioneer still has to report hours. Herd compared the pioneer to be in commitment like a Nazarite vow.

• SadElder
    SadElder

They probably are looking at how much money they save by eliminating the service hour bean counters at crooklyn. They can close up an entire department.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit