No more REPORTING field service!!!!!!!!!

by BoogerMan 176 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    it was acknowledged that in most areas, people to not want strangers coming to their doors. It isn’t productive from the JW standpoint and a safety issue for the householder. Different times

Agreed. At least in the US, door to door activity is virtually non-existant anymore. There was a time when there were numerous sales people who did door to door sales, vacuum cleaners, Fuller brush, Bibles, insurance, you name it. The JW door to door activity kind of fit into that world which has been declining for several decades and is now virtually extinct. Covid really put an end to it, and post-Covid there is a shift in what people are willing to tolerate in terms of strangers coming around to their doors.

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

The short time of implementation (of just 3 weeks) from this announcement to go into effect is indicative of an "urgent" matter. (Legal pressures at bay?)

Normally it takes the WBS months to implement monumental changes.

The short timeframe of application is reminiscent of what happened early in 1990 with the donation arrangement... weeks instead of many months.

In all, this is good news. No more judging people's spirituality based on hours reporting, a practice Jesus would surely condemn.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

It doesn't mention that elders and ms have to report hours, so wouldn't this indicate there will be a lot more YOUNG men becoming Ministerial servants and Elders...they are wanting more people to fill those slots.

• hoser
    hoser

In my congregation elders handle the mics now. Seems the under 40 crowd have all disappeared

• Listener
    Listener

Are they going to pressure Elders and MSs to auxillary pioneer often? It will mean going from 10 hours a month to 15.

They will be keeping a record of those that sign up for it and it's possible it could be the new bench mark for potential Elders. Being vague as to how often they would need to auxillary pioneer would pressure them further.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

""Seems the under 40 crowd have all disappeared""

Thats because they grew a brain,,know how to use the internet,,,grew up & left.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Yes, it's tougher to keep people shielded from the WTS's past. When you can show someone the org's own words in its own publications, it is a real test for them.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Mark Sanderson: "We've deepened our understanding of Jehovah's mercy, his compassion and his patience... and what about that announcement about our field service reporting? Jehovah is dignifying us, he has confidence in us."

Like... how many decades does it take them to get the memo from their God? Why does it seem that their God is so lousily slow in communicating such major issues to them? Obviously, if this is the better way, their God knew about it decades ago, but, it took him that long to get the message to his channel on earth?

"Jehovah is dignifying us, he has confidence in us."

Shit, that pisses me off. So, he didn't have confidence in me all those decades I slaved and labored in misery? He didn't dignify me?

This issue, to me, virtually proves the JW leaders are liars. I'd bet my life the reason behind this change is not as implied above. The reason is legal and/or financial. Same with the changes concerning the Congregation Book Study and The Theocratic Ministry School and the arrangement to simply ask for donations for literature.

The JW organization is dying. The Glory days are over. The Great Leaders know it and they are simply in survival mode now. They are now only reactive, not proactive. They used to seem to genuinely care about such things as the field ministry; they would look ahead and try to figure out how they could better it. Now, they're just flapping at the water trying to keep from drowning, so their minds can't focus on such things. They can only react to current situations and put out current fires to keep the whole thing from going up in smoke.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

This reddit poster made an interesting comment six years ago:

1. Having to report field service hours makes the average JW accountable to the organization for the amount of preaching they do. That serves to motivate JWs to preach. If no one was keeping track of the amount of hours then the JW preaching will quickly fizzle out. So JWs are not preaching in the power of the holy spirit. They're preaching in the power of accountability to an organization.

• wozza
    wozza

From Magnum's post -Mark Sanderson: "We've deepened our understanding of Jehovah's mercy, his compassion and his patience... and what about that announcement about our field service reporting? Jehovah is dignifying us, he has confidence in us."

Notice the opening of Sandersons speech " WE'VE deepened our understanding ....." ,not that Jehovah has deepened their understanding ,or Jesus , this belies the source of their decision to stop reporting publisher hours.

So therefore this is a man made decision brought about by possibly legal pressures etc ,and what about being called publishers ? This was a term used to make the R&F feel linked to the so called important work as though a publisher was an officially approved dispenser of Jehovah's truth.

Ticking a box is all that is required now so how are they publishers? What a joke they are borrowing terminology like "publisher" when they have nearly shut down their printers ,stopped door to door witnessing during a so called pandemic ,I doubt too many first century Christians stopped telling the good news to others even though persecution and death befell many of them.

And finally saying that Jehovah is DIGNIFYING them all by not having to report hours of preaching that is supposed to be life saving ,what a pathetic bunch of unqualified liars.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit