No more REPORTING field service!!!!!!!!!

by BoogerMan 176 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

What positions await those that have complete 'mastery of their penis' I wonder....👌

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Will the fact that field service is now "personal ministry" change the requirement that witnesses have to always be in pairs?

Will PIMOs now be able to go out and preach whatever they believe the gospel to be, or outright dump on WT dogma, and still place a mark in the "Active" box?

• cofty
    cofty

Reporting hours has long been one of two levers the cult has used to manipulate its members - shunning obviously being the other. There is no way they have made this move voluntarily. This must be a result of the need to minimise legal exposure. It might have the effect of reducing the urgency PIMO members feel to get out.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Biahi - I think the same thing. There was only sorrow in reporting so they dropped it. They want nothing reported that show the decline.

• wozza
    wozza

I agree with you cofty ,

Covid opened the door for change and made the publishers slacken off by not going on the field.

The fire for witnessing gradually dimmed for years now by the R&F being dumbed down.

It would be harder for the WTS to guilt the publishers into attacking the field with zeal after the Covid holiday ,so they make it look like a loving provision from the governing body to NOT report and therefore not witness as much.

The Pioneers etc can now be made to be an elite class by having special "conferences" and the R&F taught to see them as a gift from Jehovah ,and they will be happy with that as they will not now have to do as much uncomfortable witnessing.

But eventually Pioneers etc could be dropped in time as, after all, didn't a Watchtower sometime say the witnessing work will end just before Armaggedon?

The governing body covered changes a while ago by telling the R&F that things may seem wrong when changes happen but still trust the governing body (not Jesus).

There will be less cost in needing less staff to keep track of hours and less literature.

I'm almost suffering from cognitive dissonance just coming to grips from this news ,though we knew one day this change had to come to placate the R&F and easier to become a JW which brings in the dollars.

I wish I could go back 50 years and confront my first study conductor Adrian ,and tell him what the future really holds.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

if they get more publishers this way, then they can count more seats taken and therefore more money from the congregations. Also if people aren't putting money out for gas and snacks while in the work ( because a lot won't go out now for sure....then maybe more for the contributions,,,

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Most are wondering: What prompted the WT GB to suddenly decide to eliminate the publisher requirement of reporting their monthly hourly field service activity?

Here's a possible scenario and time of events that could have transpired over the last month or so leading up to GB Herd's announcement at the Annual Meeting abolishing Publisher monthly hourly field service reporting:

Not sure when exactly, but within the past couple of months the Catholic Church's CSA law firm lead attorney representing WT in the Pennsylvania statewide CSA investigation may have contacted WT's lead attorney Philip Brumley. The following conversation "maybe" takes place:

C C CSA Attorney: "Hello Mr. Brumley. As I handle your & WT's CSA case a matter of great concern regarding children in your religion has come to my attention."

Philip Brumley: "And what concern is that?"

C C CSA Attorney: "While interviewing numerous elders from various congregations regarding allegations of mishandling of Child Sex Abuse throughout the State of Pennsylvania...it has come to my attention that your Church requires children as young as 6, 7, 8 years of age & possibly younger to submit monthly hourly reports to show how much time they've devoted proselytizing in public for the Watchtower Organization. Is this true?"

Philip Brumley: "Yes it's true. A large percentage of our members are made-up of children possibly as young as 6 years old. They're referred to as 'Publishers' who engage in the ministry like the rest of us older ones & at the end of the month they turn in a monthly report showing how much time they've spent in the ministry along with placements of literature they've handed out to strangers or interested ones."

CC CSA Attorney: "Philip...I'll be honest with you. It's difficult enough defending your Organization against allegations of Child Sex Abuse! Now this...what you're describing to me sounds very much like the exploitation of children. The Courts & Jurors alike come down very hard on Organizations who capitalize-on & take advantage of children in this manner. Something needs to be done immediately to deflect & keep the Pennsylvania AG from drawing too much attention to the amount of time you engage your children in the Public Ministry."

Philip Brumley: "I see your point! I'll relay your concerns to our Organization's Leadership & get back to you." (Click)

Weeks go by before WT attorney Philip Brumley gets back to the Catholic Church's CSA attorney. Here's what "maybe" was said:

Philip Brumley: "Hello Counsel. I've met with the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses on numerous occasions since we last spoke about your concerns regarding the involvement of our very young children as 'Publishers' in the Public Ministry & requiring them to report their monthly time spent. We've decided to make an immediate announcement at our up & coming Annual General Meeting to the effect that effective November 2023 no Publisher henceforth will be required to turn in a monthly hourly field service report. Hope that helps Counsel."

C C CSA Attorney: "It's a start but hardly enough I'm afraid! I'm must tell you that my scope of work & fees in defending WT have practically doubled if not trippled if we consider the Exploitation of Children as another charge/allegation! I'll be in touch!" (Click)
  • Rattigan350
    Rattigan350
    "The Courts & Jurors alike come down very hard on Organizations who capitalize-on & take advantage of children in this manner. Something needs to be done immediately to deflect & keep the Pennsylvania AG from drawing too much attention to the amount of time you engage your children in the Public Ministry."
    But wouldn't the first amendment protect the organization concerning children in the public ministry? The government can't penalize or tell them they can't allow children in the ministry. It would be no different than having children in a holiday musical.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Problem #1. ATTENDANCE. After THREE YEARS of no in-person meetings, organized meetings for field service, no Conventions, etc. I would imagine most JW families came to enjoy sleeping in on weekends. Even once meetings started again who could keep up with all the required COVID boosters required to attend? (only 12% of my local population). :)

Problem #2. Loss of $$$$$$$$$$$ If "publishers" are not going to meetings and conventions....they tend to not put $$$$$ in the contribution boxes. If they are wandering onto ex-jw sites like this with all the extra time they have had for three years, they are even less likely to donate MONEY and time.

Problem #3. PR and bad press. September is the cutoff for the service year and the final tally begins. YIKES after three years of the above issues, I would imagine the numbers for the developed world looked dismal. Who would want to publicly report those numbers??? yuck. Cure? Just stop collecting bad data and reporting bad data.

SOLUTION: Copy what TV preachers and big Religions have done for years...make membership EASY and make people feel good. Simply ask them to donate monthly their $11 per head for "membership" and continue to sleep in. DONATE MORE $$$ per month...and you might make...ministerial servant or an Elder!

The governing body puts problems to rest...and can take a nice swim in the new Olympic pool, play tennis on the new courts....or give an all-expenses paid talk on a tropical island this winter. :)

• Listener
    Listener

Of course, not one of us believe the reasons that the Governing Body gave for the change.

They are not honest men.

If their reasons were true then they would apply equally to those that are still required to report such as pioneers/missionaries etc.

If their decisions don't make sense from a human viewpoint then it's only because they are lying as to the reasons why they made them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit