No more REPORTING field service!!!!!!!!!

by BoogerMan 176 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Being a JW is so much easier now. No reports, no minimum hours. Litteratrash carts where you can just stand there and do nothing. Zoom meetings, zoom memorials.

The org is making it easier than every to be a cult member, hoping it will cause people to stick around and not leave. They have to do that. The writing is on the wall.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Maybe the Borg is becoming a "gentler religion"

One can only wonder and hope.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Let me check the date……

OK, so it is NOT April 1st.

Please assure me this is confirmed by the “Two Witness Rule” and not a farce.

EDITED:

Yep! It’s on the JW.borg website news.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Freya says

Soon enough it will become clear that this is a legal move. Watchtower already has issues in the courts. It is an attempt to avoid the concept of “agents” and limit litigation. This is why the term “members” has been dropped. If congregants are not members and are not agents who report their activity to Watchtower, the organisation cannot be held liable in the courts for anything these people do.

• Listener
    Listener

A lot of children and teenagers were caught up in this requirement of having to report, in detail, their monthly activity. Some whether they wanted to or not because they were pushed into it or simply because they got baptized.

The change means they appear to be gentler on them and that's helpful when dealing with the courts.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

So this was the change that was presented as 'even of we don't understand for the moment' they were preparing the RF in the last months.

I'll bet next is gonna be 'the hours for missionaries and pioneers would be a personal commitment made with a clear conscience' .

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

DoC

Actually,,,we're at opposite ends of the calendar from April 1st.

Far from being an April fools joke.

Please,,,don't adjust your sets. This is NOT a test.

Beep.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I've worked jobs by the hour. I've also been self employed so I worked for the work. I like the self employed better so it means that every minute matters, as opposed to working by the hour where every minute was 1/60th of the pay rate.

That is like field service. Working by the hour "I'm going out for 3 hours today", you focus on the 3 hours and watch the clock. If your ministry is not about time, then you are going to focus on people not the clock.

• Simon
    Simon

I doubt anyone ever really believes they are doing "life saving work". It's all about the social points within the group. That's why they spend as long as possible talking to as few people as they can. Just lots of walking about and socializing.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Socializing and let's NOT forget gossiping also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit