No more REPORTING field service!!!!!!!!!

by BoogerMan 176 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TxNVSue2023
    TxNVSue2023

I knew it! I knew someday they would have to remove the time reporting because it's unsustainable & unscriptual.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

@ Riley - "There was no sane reason that anyone should be out there."

But the "slave" was quick to stop every JW doing the worldwide preaching work for many months because the governments would penalise them there was a flu-like virus going around.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    TxNVSue2023 - “I knew someday they would have to remove the time reporting because it's unsustainable & unscriptual.”

Unsustainable? Sure.

Unscriptural? Furthest thing from their minds.

They used to use scriptures to back it up.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"They used to use scriptures to back it up." Too true ! there were a few in some neighbouring Congregations to mine, and at least one in mine, that REFUSED to Report time.

The C.O on his visit spent one of his talks mostly showing from Scripture why they SHOULD !

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"remove the time reporting because it's unsustainable & unscriptual."

Why does it need to be scriptural?

Paul set up congregational activities. Some because of Israel's past, such as marry only in the Lord. And elders and servants were set after Israel had tribes and the tribes had families and the families had household. So the family heads were considered elders or older men of Israel.

But Paul also set activities because they needed to be done, not because they were scriptural. He set new things. 1 Cor 16:2 he told them "On the first day of every week, each of you should set something aside according to his own means, so that collections will not take place when I arrive."

That is not scriptural. That was new. Why is there no one criticizing him because that was not scriptural.

The counting and reporting of time was against what Jesus taught about not letting the left hand know what the right hand was doing, and not parading what one had done. It was more contradictory to what Jesus had taught.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Listening to to the JW AGM from beginning to end is quite disturbing when you take into account the amount of back & forth giggling & laughter there is between the Watchtower GB speakers & the audience. It's almost as though the GB speakers are there to entertain those in attendance rather than to instruct and educate about God's Word. Considering how much Child rape, the high volume of CSA court cases, Child Exploitation, broken-up families, depression & suicides that this organization is known for having & causing among it's rank and file members, one would figure this Organization & it's Leadership would act a little more responsible, serious & adult-like instead of working soo hard from the podium soliciting amusement and glee!

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

It should be scriptural because they always warn against "going beyond what is written".

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"It should be scriptural because they always warn against "going beyond what is written"."

I think they mean going beyond what they've written.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"the amount of back & forth giggling & laughter there is between the Watchtower GB speakers & the audience"

I'd rather see that they are real people than they are hardliners. No need to criticize for this.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Rattigan: good point!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit