TORN APART

by Dansk 449 Replies latest members private

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Dansk ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I feel so badly for you and your family in everything you are having to deal with now. I had to deal with something very similar myself. The exeption is that I was the son and my parents are the one that dropped me.

I truly do hope that your daughters will come around and see you for the caring father you seem to be.

Although I dont pray anymore, know that my thoughts are with you and your family.

Eric

[email protected]

• rebel
  • rebel
    rebel

Sorry for above blank post - still can't get used to the changes.

Dansk - I just read your story. First I'd like to thank you, not only for having the courage to stand up for what you believe in, but for taking the time to post your story here.

It must have been so hard for you to do what you did. I am so sorry that your daughter's are apart from you, but I hope they will come round soon.

You have given me the hope and strength to carry on that I badly needed. I had been considering going an assembly next month just to keep the peace with my family. But after reading your story, it reminded me of how fortunate I am to be out of the org - it is such a pile of horse manure! How could I have even considered going to an assembly when the organisation stinks to high heaven?

Thank you so much Dansk, for making me see the light again. Hang on in there - we are all rooting for you.

Warmest love

xxR

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Yes Dansk, quilty here of being soppy.

Glad to hear that your wife is encouraged by everyone here. Keep us posted.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Hi Dansk,

Gosh, that's a very emotive period that you have been enduring just lately. It seems to me that the daughters tend to hang in there longer than the sons for some reason, hopefully in time they will come around.

It's odd the reasons that people put down for your departure isn't it? I was labelled as a "Consulter of fortune tellers" for quite a while, later I had a shepherding call to inform me that the restrictions on bedroom activities between man and wife had been lifted. They were convinced that it was these restrictions that were preventing me from making a comeback!!!

Maybe we'll see you at our next barbie in Weston super Mare?

Englishman.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Englishman, Calamity Jane and all,

Perhaps some good news today! My daughter works in a large supermarket and my wife and young son went shopping there today. My daughter let on to her brother and smiled at her mother.

Later my wife texted our daughter asking her when she was moving into her new apartment. SHE RECEIVED A REPLY!

OK, nothing big, but I believe a possible start. Let's hope so, and thanks for all your good wishes and prayers.

Englishman, I'd love to come to your Barbie. How about a Sunday - we don't have anything else to do as we're no longer on Field Misery.

Love,

Dansk Haven

• Dansk
    Dansk

Dear Rebel,

I'm glad if my posts have helped you - as yours have certainly helped me!

I can fully understand how you might feel pressured into attending an assembly - but that is what your decision would have been based on, 'Pressure'.

What four of my family decided was no big thing compared to Ray Franz, for example. However, I feel the title of Ray's book Crisis of Conscience says it ALL for the majority of us on this fine list. My conscience would NOT allow me to stay within an organisation that purports to be Christian and yet acts contrary to the very name. Holding my two daughters, whether it be by physical force or mind control, is EXACTLY the same thing as far as I am concerned - emotional blackmail!

Pleasing one's family is fine and, for a person under 18 (at least here in England), is something no-one can argue against. However, once one is 18 one is considered an adult and, therefore, one is able to take control of their own life. If parents are loving and reasonable, then more often than not teenagers will hold fast to their example and recommendations - because it is born out of love and respect (I have no idea of your age, I'm just stating what I've experienced).

I respect my daughters because they believe they are putting God first. I'm proud of their stance - but deeply saddened that it is a misguided one.They feel they are holding fast to a righteous conscience - as I do mine. The trouble is, every piece of evidence that one could show them about the WTS is immediately looked on as apostate literature. This is a very clever ploy by the Org., and something one needs to tactfully conquer. This is not easy, as I can testify!

One of the first things my eldest daughter shouted at me that fateful night was: "You've been on the internet!" When reading 'Internet' read 'Satanic Influence' - and yet the society has a web site! This is where logic goes out the window, JWs can't differentiate between a godly rule and a man-made one. To them, whatever comes through the society has emanated from God. I just hope the Watchtower doesn't start advocating kicking apostates to death........................

Rebel, I'm really happy you can see the Org. for what it is. You are truly blessed, because there are 6,000,000 poor souls who can't - or are being held captive by their emotions. The Fear Factor is horrendous - took me three full days to start feeling something like good about myself. Now, I feel terrific. I'm chilling out before I commit myself to another spiritual quest - if I ever do!

What do you others do now you're out? Do you still read the Bible? Do you go to church (I still can't get my head round a Trinity!)?

Personally, I feel the native North American Indian may be nearer the mark with his/her love of the land - that we don't own it, but are its custodians; that we are all brothers and that there is one God or one mighty spiritual force. If Christianity is right, it sure is a difficult path to find through the quagmire of false teachings - or perhaps we look in the wrong place and that when 2-3 people are gathered together in Christ's name he really is there amongst us. One thing's for sure, he certainly isn't directing the WTS.

Love,

Dansk

• Mulan
    Mulan
    It's unbelievable that your wife and sons could see the TRUTH, just like that. It is not common to just reveal to anyone what you've learned and then find them so readily accepting

That is so true (minimus made that comment).

But, one of my sisters in law asked me back in 1996 why I never talked about the Kingdom anymore. I told her two things we had learned, and that we were fading out. (they were visiting us from California, and we had decided not to tell them anything) After my revelation to her, she stopped walking (we were at the Mall) and said "I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off of my shoulders. Is Dave going to tell Sam any of this?" That night, we began telling them everything, and the rest is history.

Sometimes it is that easy. Not common though. It wasn't for me. It took years, and I thought Dave had literally lost his mind.

• minimus
    minimus

Mulan, at this moment my family is dealing with issues that will be made more known thru the JW gossip mill. My wife has put off reading Ray's book because she has wanted to stay in denial. Very soon, that option will not be there. She promised me today that she will resume reading the book, today....I hope so, because her foundation will have to be strong.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Hello Dansk and family

Welcome to the board. Your story is heartlifting and harrowing, I hope your family is reunited soon.

I am not too far away from you, if you look here

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/28455/1.ashx

you can see where your XJW neighbours are.

((((((Dansk, Mrs Dansk and Family))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit