TORN APART

by Dansk 449 Replies latest members private

• bernadette
    bernadette

Hi Ian

Making my way through your encouraging and heartbreaking story.

Thanks for sharing it.

My daughter is out - she came out very quickly after I introduced her to JWD, within a few days in fact.

Just this weekend I told my son that I am no longer a JW. I told him in a very calm matter of fact way. He has taken it very well. My gut feeling is not to share anything with him at present. I'm going to wait for the right moment.

My husband is struggling with my exit. I'm thinking of doing a gumby but not sure yet.

love to you and Claire

bernadette

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Ian and Claire

I have only just read the updates on your thread. That's great news about Jody, she really must have wanted to make contact with you both, because it would have been so easy to pretend that she hadn't seen you in the crowds. Maybe this is just the start of good things to come.

Lots of love to you both and the family too.

Twinkletoes and Kaytee

xxxxxx

• mouthy
    mouthy

To read that was a site for sore eyes!!!!!! Great News !!!! Wish mine would call out MOTHER!!1& come free....I hope eventually you will ALL be able to have a HUG session((( Helps the healing eh ?sweetheart..love you Ian Hugs to Claire.

• anewme
    anewme

I am hearing of these reunions more and more!

They give hope to all!!!!!

Congratulations Ian!

Anewme

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie
    I feel she is now well and truly out of borgdom. This is the first birthday she has ever celebrated.

Excellent news!

What an amazing feeling it must be to have your "little girl" back in your life!

Keep us posted Ian and Claire.

YC

• Dansk
    Dansk

UPDATE 14 Feb 2007:

My daughter, Stephanie, is leaving home today - to set up home with a friend and be closer to the university she attends. This time, we will be parting happily It is time. Stephanie is 23 and needs to find her own feet. That means Claire and I will only have Dominic and our two dogs at home with us!!

So, no more tidying up after her and no more having to tell her to turn her music down. It'll be quiet for a while - and we've said if things don't work out she can always return!

Just thought I'd let you all know. It's good to be a normal family again.

Love,

Ian

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Thats great news Ian - am so happy for you and yours. isn't Dominic down in Brighton during the week though or has he moved back?

• Do Not Call
    Do Not Call

Wow, I'd never read your initial story before, Ian. What a heartbreaking experience!
    You must be so thrilled that you have your daughter, Stephanie back in your lives. You sound like a very nice family and you deserve to be happy. Hope we can meet one day at an Apostafest or something.
    All our love,
    DNC & fam. XXXX

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Crumpet:

isn't Dominic down in Brighton during the week though or has he moved back?

It's Karl who is down in Brighton. He's at university there.

DNC & family, you just missed a great apostafest up here in Manchester - but as soon as I'm well enough Claire and I will be up for another one, probably in the midlands or even London. It would be lovely to meet you, too!

I'll elaborate more on Stephanie's exiting Watchtower at a later date. It's still a bit raw for her so I can't comment just yet. The main thing is she's out and there's no way she'd ever go back - believe me!

I'm really proud of my children, particularly as they are now getting the education they deserve. Claire and I went to parents evening at the local college last week where Dominic is studying art. His report was brilliant and his tutor said he'll definitely be in the upper set next year!! He wants to do graphic design and related artwork.

I'm telling you all this to, hopefully, encourage others who have left Watchtower. My children left school with 'A' levels (apart from Dominic, who was home-schooled) and were encouraged by Watchtower not to pursue further/higher education. Thankfully, they are all doing wonderfully well and, if successful, will have good careers to go into. Watchtower's lies would have had my children doing mundane work while slogging their guts out pioneering. Now, they can help people in other ways and live the lives partents would like their children to lead.

Exiting is the best thing we ever did as a family. One day Jody may see how duped she's been - but the choice is hers.

Love,

Ian

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

It sounds like you are at peace about that--the choice is hers, and she is the only one who can make it (unless she gets DF'd, but then she can always choose to go repentently back)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit