TORN APART

by Dansk 449 Replies latest members private

• Dansk
    Dansk

UPDATE: 17 June 2007

Today is Father's Day in the UK. Karl is up from Brighton and is staying here for three months off and on while he commutes to his girlfriend's parent's home where she is staying after having the baby. Stephanie stayed over last night and this morning she, Karl and Dominic gave me a wonderful Father's Day. They are ALL well out of the cult now and it still means there is only one child left in. Jody is deeply entrenched in it so I can't see her leaving - just yet! However, I count my blessings that Claire and three of my four children exited with me and we are ALL enjoying the 'worldly' celebrations.

I have to get ready as Claire has sprung a surprise for me. She's taking me out for a meal!!

Love,

Ian

• gumby
    gumby

Hi Ian. I was just sitting here seeing what the latest was here at JWD and stumbled upon this oldie but goodie thread of yours and began reading.

What floored me was how the story started and where it is now......that being that all but one of your family is out. I'm the only one in my big JW family that has realised the truth about the organisation and I wonder if I will ever have a story to tell such as yours. I've come to a point of getting exausted and losing intrest in dubunking the organisation to my family and wished I had at least SOMEONE on my side. At least me being re-instated gives me an angle when the mood does strike to speak against the organisation.

Thanks for this story Ian, it's an inspiration that getting ones family out is a reality.

Gumby

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Gumby,

I've read your own struggles here and have to say you have inspired many people over the years. You always kept your dignity and sense of humour. I know, at times we have to put on an exteria - but you have proven true to your stance and helped numerous people here. I'm proud to have you as a friend and hope that one day we can meet up, our families all free at last!

Ian

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Greetings!

It is almost two in the morning here in Monett, MO, USA.....so can not read your thread all the way through...have to go back to work in three hours. What a story. Congrads.

Will read it though the next couple of days.

Yours in this Struggle,

V

• Latte
    Latte

Hey Ian...Glad that you had a gr8t Fathers Day! It's lurvly being free to celebrate is'nt it?

Hope that you are feeling good at the moment!

Luv

Latte

• Latte
  • Gill
    Gill

Hi Ian! Glad you had a great Father's day with the majority of your family!

Reading Gumby's post it does make you wonder why some people's family cling so passionately to the Organization and others are easier to wake up.

I hope things improve for you, Gumby! You never know what will happen in time and I hope you too will one day have a similar thread running. Good Luck!

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Hi Ian

This is the first time I come across this thread. I always thought there was something special about you from reading your posts, after reading the 20 pages of this thread I know that you are one of the people on this forum that I would love to meet. If you're ever in South Africa give us a call.

Mrs Smith

• Dansk
    Dansk

((((((((((Latte))))))))))

Hope you're feeling better. Claire and I will be over soon!!!! Promise!!!!!

If you're ever in South Africa give us a call.

Mrs Smith

Mrs. Smith: You can count on it!!

Ian

• Latte
    Latte

aawww thanks Ian...Look forward to seeing you both!

You take it easy too!

Latte

x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit