TORN APART

by Dansk 449 Replies latest members private

• jgnat
    jgnat

Now I've been praying for restoration. Good sign with the girl moving home. Dansk, the heroism of your daily life is to battle the disease. So I suggest you take a back seat on the whole JW thing and let osmosis do it's work. If I were you, I would not respond to your daughter if she attempts to proseltyze you. Perhaps you and your wife can work out a system where she can cut your daughter off mid-sentence if she tries.

Her intelligence, her excellent genes, her schooling, is all working in your favour..

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((((Ian & Claire))))))))

I am so glad to hear that she's moving home. I know it might be additional stress while you're under treatment, but I have a feeling this will turn out well. Just continue being kind and loving...she'll realize quickly that home life is not what it used to be as a JW when she was a child. I'll pray for a good outcome here.

Funny thing: Just lately things have been slowly reconciling with my parents as well. Perhaps time heals, eh?

Love to you,

Andi

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Ian and Claire,

I never knew your story until now. Just finished reading the entire thread and want to tell you that my heart and feelings are with you and your family.

May you have many blessings in gaining your daughters back to the family!

Wishing you well,

HappyDad

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

Ian --

I am hoping that Stephanie's heart will be softened as she sees you and Claire and her brothers again on a daily basis.

Maybe this will even be the avenue through which Jodi is reached.

I echo Andi's thoughts --- take care of yourself and focus on using your energy to get well. Try not to allow Stephanie to cause you (and Claire!) any additional emotional upset.

Love,
    Marjorie

• Gadget
    Gadget

I'm glad you've you've got a bit of good news about your daughter, I hope things work out for you. Obviously you don't want any big discussions that will bring up her 'apostate' mental blocks, but how about something like George Orwells 'Animal Farm', its got a powerful message to make people think but is seemingly innocent.

Paul

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Paul,

I'm not about to recommend any reading material to Stephanie unless she asks a question where such material would be fitting. I just want her home and settled in. Things are difficult for me right now. My illness is almost driving me to despair. I have never experienced anything like it, nor do I ever want to again. There have been times when I have been in fear. I need to get well. I want to see my family united again.

Ian

• Alleymom
    Alleymom
    My illness is almost driving me to despair. I have never experienced anything like it, nor do I ever want to again. There have been times when I have been in fear.

Ian --

I am stopping everything to pray for you again right now. Have you talked to the doctor about this? My friend Jeanne initially did not want to take tranquilizers or sedatives of any kind, but when she agreed to take small doses of an anti-anxiety medication, it did help her. She was not particularly religious as an adult, but she took comfort in having people read to her from the Psalms while she was so ill.

You are on my heart!

Blessings,
    Marjorie

• vitty
    vitty

Ian

If you have books like CoC on your book shelf, she may just be tempted to look at them herself (when no one is around)

• jojochan
    jojochan
    Now I'm free I SEE clearly and wonder how on earth I was so gullible. There is a definite Fear Factor involved here. First, a rejection of the society is considered akin to rejecting God. Then, the fear is of losing one's family and then friends - being ostracised and painted as though one is in league with the Devil. Yes, this is one heck of an organisation we're dealing with here.

((((Dansk))))

This was painful indeed to read, but is so true to many that become really "awake" to what's going on in the organization. I feel the same way as well. I know that the time is coming when It's going to come out that I'm escaping this crazy life that I was born into. You are right, it was out of fear that I stayed in for so long, it was a fear of death and shaming my parents that kept me from living a life that I wanted to live. To be able to give unconditional love, oh the infinite possibilities! I know my family will turn their back to me. In my heart I see this coming.

And I 've prepared myself for this to happen.

My heart goes out to you and your family. I wish you the best.

jojochan.

• Dansk
    Dansk

UPDATE: 27 June 2006

Stephanie has said that she isn't going to meetings anymore!

I can't elaborate now but, hopefully, this will be the start of her seeing the Org. for what it really is.

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit