TORN APART

by Dansk 449 Replies latest members private

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

((((((((( Dansk )))))))

Please know your story will live in my heart forever. I can only hope that your "new system" brings the reunification of your family about now, here in this day and age. I have really not had to cope much with the feeling many of you had because I lost most of my family to death. I knew I always looked foward to the "new system" while a JW, so I could know those death had stripped from me.

I hope you do not mind my referring to this term, yet I think its fitting for all, that we were once taught about family values. It should come about that the happiness they promised will come to you here in this time and not in some future where "man" decides who is able to live happily.

Wishing you the best and hoping that your pain lessens every day, and you are reunited with those stripped from you due to teachings that work so hard to tear apart the family unit.

Love

Cassi

• Dansk
    Dansk

((((((((((Cassie))))))))),

Returned Hugs!!!!!!!

You really choked me - seriously! As I said on another post, you're a really lovely person. Thanks, it means so much!

Love,

Dansk

• window man
    window man

dear Dansk hold your head up for your salvation has been gained your kids are from you and in time they will see too having a son 4 trapped in the borg its tuff but in time he,ll be free too show them no guilt no anger just the happiness&joy of being free be a new source too all positive force agape xjw windowman

• Dansk
    Dansk

Thanks, windowman:

your kids are from you and in time they will see too

That's what we're hoping for!

Cheers,

Dansk

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi,

Many people have asked for a continued update, so here's the latest.

Last night my son, Karl, was on his way home from work on the bus when he fell asleep. He found himself being gently shaken and opened his eyes to find Stephanie, my 19-year-old daughter, sitting next to him. They started chatting and she asked how everyone was - though that's as far as it got.

Later, Claire and I decided we should text Stephanie and reaffirm that she is always welcome to come back or just visit. There has been no reply (as yet??????).

If nothing else, I'm pleased that she took it upon herself to speak to her brother. I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks again for all your lovely messages of support.

Dansk

• blondie
    blondie

Dansk, I don't know your daughter but...I worry that her intent is to use your son's love for her to have him return to the congregation. Is your son's conviction strong enough to resist that as well as influence her to leave?

Blondie (just worried)

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Blondie,

I understand your concern and I very much appreciate it.

There is absolutely no way on this earth that Karl would ever go back to the Borg. He is now thoroughly enjoying life, has made new friends that aren't straight-jacketed by religion and has just ordered tickets for him and his younger brother to watch their beloved soccer team. He has his head screwed on and while he's currently working he's now trying for a job with genuine career prospects. He well and truly sees right through the lies of Watchtower.

Love,

Dansk

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Everyone,

I know I only left the forum a couple of weeks ago but I felt I should share some great news with you – my dear friends! It is my sincere wish that it inspires/offers hope to others.

Earlier this week our friend Latte did some early shopping at the local supermarket where my daughter works and deliberately joined the queue at her till. Latte and my daughter had a good long chat and Latte mentioned that Physio and I would welcome her visit anytime. It ended with Latte and my daughter hugging each other. Latte telephoned me and told me all.

Yesterday, my wife went to the supermarket and she made straight for our daughter, who was glad to see her mum! Physio reiterated that my daughter was welcome to visit anytime and straight after work she came round!

I met her at the door and we had a good hug. She said she doesn’t like my beard (but what the heck!).

Our daughter spent at least 2 hours with us before her mum drove her back to her flat (apartment). While our daughter was here we had to agree on some ground rules: we don’t knock Watchtower and she won’t try and convert us back! It seemed to work.

Our daughter is still deeply entrenched in the religion and she is still surrounded by the same group of friends – all die-hard JWs. It won’t be easy to get her away from such a hold but at least a breakthrough has been made and Physio and I are delighted. Our daughter even said she’d invite us round to her flat for dinner some time!!!

A couple of things need mentioning here because they are lessons learnt and may be of help to others in a similar situation:

1. Latte was instrumental in our getting to see our daughter so this shows that while our loved ones may be shunning us it is important that our friends play their part in helping improve the situation. It won’t work in all cases, I know, but Latte’s chatting to our daughter and letting her know that we are still very spiritual (not in the JW sense) and that we love her very much, etc., struck home.
    2. Be patient. Physio and I know that we must tread slowly and carefully. This means not deriding the organisation but finding common ground we can all agree on and talk about. Hopefully, when one is seen to be happy and enjoying life after the Borg it will have a great impact.

It’s very early days yet and I don’t know what will transpire after our daughter tells her sibling sister and friends that she’s visited us. Our daughter is headstrong so might not be swerved, but we all know how the JWs can force their influence.

When our daughter left we hugged each other and I again told her I loved her. As she walked to the car with her mum I said to please not leave it too long before her next visit, to which she replied "I won’t! I’ve left it too long already!"

Oh, by the way, I never once skipped on telling the truth. I was asked if I associated with exJWs and I said I did. Ultimately truth cannot be argued with and I strongly believe that being open with our daughter will help win her back. To do otherwise and for her to find out would inevitably lose us her trust.

Thanks for reading. One day when our daughter is completely free of the Borg I’d like to show her all these messages which emphasise what a wonderful group of true loving people you are!

Dansk

• gumby
    gumby

Nice to hear from you again Dansk,....sounds as though things are going pretty smooth.

It won’t be easy to get her away from such a hold but at least a breakthrough has been made and Physio and I are delighted. Our daughter even said she’d invite us round to her flat for dinner some time!!!

I'll say a breakthrough has been made! The fact that your daughter will speak with you let alone visit is a breakthrough considering the fact you said she was a "strong" witness.

Things can change in that dept. so don't get to sure of the relationship. My daughter went from letting me see the grankids all day on fridays and she visited regularly........then in one sentence it all changed. A new article reminding dubs of the snares of dirty apostates and a reminder to stay clear of them could change things.

Am I being a scrooge? Yes....a little bit. I just want to let you know to be extra careful in what you say and do around her as flags with them seem to raise easily.......especially if their "strong" ( man I hate that word)

Take care old bud and the best to you on this whole thing.

Gumby

• Angharad
    Angharad

Fantastic Dansk & Physio !!!!

Keep us updated

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit