UN FINDS WMD...OK saddam lovers, what now?

by dolphman 280 Replies latest social current

• IronGland
    IronGland

He's not dead. He and Kim Jong IL are living inside a hollowed out volcano planning 'evil'. They are building a giant "LASER" and will blow up america if we don't give them ONE MILLION DOLLARS.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

I thought he had a moon "laser" that he was calling the "death Star"? Why doesnt Kim suck Dong II just get it over with and clone Ho Chi Minh.

• Simon
    Simon
    Seems like the Saudi's want Saddam out, too. I hope that his neighbors will deal with the dictator through a coup before any bombs drop, again, on Iraq. There is talk of a large amount of money to be paid to the people who succeed in any coup attempt against Saddam. The Saudi's know how to speak the language of those who are closest to Saddam

If I was the Saudi's then I would want Saddam out too ... that way, I would completely control the oil price.

Whoops! Now the cat is out of the bag ...

• IronGland
    IronGland

Have you guys seen The North Koreans official website? It's pretty amusing. Here's the link.

http://www.korea-dpr.com/

• LB
    LB

Now, tell me again about the evidence that is so strong we should risk all this for ... ?

Well you made lots of assumptions there Simon, the end of mankind because we are going after Iraq. But that's ok. As I said, when you are anti anything there won't be evidence strong enough. I've seen this on the "right to life vs abortion" issue a thousand times over.

Now for some the rumors of WMD are enough. For others nothing is enough. I think that somewhere in the middle of all this is exactly where we are.

And I don't think you are anti American Simon. Just anti war. Much as I am anti living in California. No evidence will get me back there.

But answer this tough question Simon instead of avoiding it. Did the Hawaiians eat Cook because he was a tyrant or tasty? That's the real quesiton. I don't think any of those hawaiians were rich landowners from that damn colony.

• PurpleV
    PurpleV
    However, it serves a more useful purpose letting him stay at large.

Hi Mega

What purpose? I'm sure you're right, I think so too, I just can't figure out what it is.

BTW, I live in NYC, and the cost of living here has shot to the moon because of 9/11. Unemployment up. Property taxes up 18.5%. Transit fare going up 25%. Bridge and tunnel tolls going up. Some buildings here cannot even GET insurance, let alone the premium hikes that insurable buildings have had. Some buildings down near Ground Zero CANNOT get insurance, no matter what they agree to pay.

At work they've closed the garage and two entrances to the building. I have to wear a badge to get in. Visitors to my building (the MetLife building 200 Park Av) have to go through metal detectors. I could go on and on...BUT cost of living wages are NOT going up to meet the new expenses. Unless you're rich, you can't afford to live here anymore. But where is the Federal Government? Spending billions on Saddam. For control of oil.

Meantime, in the newspapers are constant reports of the rest of America saying that New York City should stop 'whining.'

Osama screwed up our lives. We live in fear of another terror attack. People are leaving in droves. What happens here affects the stock market. Another hit on NYC by the Osamas of the world waiting for us to focus on Iraq, and the rest of the country will really feel it.

I'm not saying Saddam is a boy scout. He should have been taken out the first time (by Dad.) But Bush is going it alone, and that's scary.

I can't understand why Bush says that we "know" where the weapons of mass destruction are in Iraq, but isn't sharing that info with the weapons inspectors.

Osama isn't finished, which makes it hard for me to comprehend the more useful purpose of letting him stay at large.

--Valerie

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Im going to email the Koreans tommorow and talk some shit........

• Satanus
    Satanus

The original reason for the war was to:

1. Get bin ladin and whoever else was involved in the wtc crashes

2. Get the taliban, because they weren't giving up bin ladin

3. Get afghanistan, because they refused to instantly surrender bin ladin

All of these objectives, except for the main one, have been attained. It seems that the number one objective has been downgraded to perhaps number 3 or 4. Bush has changed course to be able to attack countries that had nothing to do w the wtc crashes. However, i read that many americans are now starting to blame saddam for that as well.

Further, since obtaining the main objective is being delayed, skeptics could question the validity of blaming bin ladin for the crashes, because his custody could have been obtained through the world court. All the evidence against all the perps could have been publicly presented. The court case would likely have been wrapped up by now, and world opinion would have been with the US, rather than against it. All these questions begs another question; what was the US govt priority, getting bin ladin, or war.

SS

• Shakita
    Shakita

Simon:

Oil.........Oil might be in the equation, but it is not the answer as to why Saudi's want the nutcase out.

Worth a looksee: http://www.arabia.com/newsfeed/article/english/0,14183,361847,00.html

I was watching a news reporter interviewing Kuwaiti's on the liberation of their country from Iraq, smiling and thankful Kuwaiti's grateful that a country halfway around the world would come and rescue them from evil Saddam. Where and what would Saddam be today if no one responded to the call from the Saudi's to help rid Kuwait of the evil dictator? Sometimes there is no easy way out. Give peace a chance, but when it doesn't succeed, you have no choice but to fight for what is right.

Mrs. Shakita

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Petty,

I think you're getting confused, lets go over this all again.

It is indeed the CHEMICALS that loose their potency after thirty days when loaded into warheads, not the warhead itself. One can load and unload chemicals into these warheads an infinite number of times if the warheads are taken care of.

HAVING these warheads is in direct violation of the most recent UN Resolution. Saddam was to have declared that he had them. Beleive me, I'm a military guy, they track this stuff. If something was missing, Saddam was also to declare that, he didn't.

We know from previous inspections (Pre 98) compared with the most recent declaration that there are well over 600 THOUSAND TONS of chemical agents unaccounted for by Saddam and company. Ya don't just misplace that.

Iraq is in breach of the UN resolution. The Resolution didn't send the inspectors to find things. Saddam was to tell them where everything is, HE DIDN'T! He is in violation of the terms he agreed to.

I think were a nuclear weapon found the peaceniks would say, "PROVE TO ME IT WOULD WORK!"

Saddam's the bad guy here, and again I SEE NO VIABLE ALTERNATIVE being offered by the peaceniks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit