UN FINDS WMD...OK saddam lovers, what now?

by dolphman 280 Replies latest social current

• dolphman
    dolphman

This makes me sad:

This is the kind of absolutist, GOOD/EVIL thinking that scares the hell out of me. And you keep saying Saddam, Saddam, as though we're just going to go in and kill one guy. Remember that we are talking about an entire country and its people. The UN estimates that 500,000 Iraqis may die in a full-scale invasion. Are they all evil too? And then the Chinese, and the Egyptians, and the Saudis . . . Sure, let's just roll over them all one at a time! That'll make the world a better place, won't it. Sounds a bit like Armageddon to me.

OK. So...I'm still waiting for a better idea. I never said it was a GREAT THING to do. I just sad it had to be done. Killing 6 million germans in ww2 wasn't very nice either. OR nuking 100,000 people at Hiroshima. If there was a better, more peaceful way to do either, I'm sure it would've been done.

Again folks, we live in the real world, where people die. The US does what it can to minimize civilian casualties. If you think we purposely kill civilians for the fun of it, then you are sick indeed. However, there has yet to be a proven way to effectively force someone from power without actually having to kill them.

So once again, what is there to say? War is bad? NO SHIT!

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Here is an example of why singer should stick to singing and shut up when it comes to world matters.

From Sheryl Crow

"I just think there's a really vital, sweeping peace movement out there that's not getting covered in the press, so I just kind of try to do my part. I think war is based in greed and there are huge karmic retributions that will follow. I think war is never the answer to solving any problems. The best way to solve problems is to not have enemies."

Im shitting my pants over the Karmic retributions.

But she is right about enemies and problems.

Saddam an enemy, we're getting rid of his ass, and then we wont have any problems

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Cen,

Loved the link LOL great stuff...............

• Simon
    Simon

Pol Pot & the Khmer Rouge weren't nice but at least they weren't communist.

http://www.cpamedia.com/articles/20020412_01/

http://www.robertscheer.com/1_natcolumn/97_columns/070897.htm

Who sowed the seeds for the Vietnamise invasion of Cambodia?

http://www.krysstal.com/democracy_whyusa06.html

Edited by - Simon on 16 January 2003 15:37:6

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    The US does what it can to minimize civilian casualties.

Oh really, then why did it help arm Saddam, and put him in power?

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Simon,

A perfect example of what happens when we "mind our own business" and do nothing. I think public opinion at the time was so anti-foriegn policy we did nothing, that and im sure some people didnt care. Very very Sad.

• dubla
    dubla

again they found EMPTY warheads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its crazy just how naive some of you are. empty or not empty, THEY HAVE TO BE DECLARED....its part of the deal people. anyone suggesting that they "forgot" they were there are either very desperate to avoid war, or very naive......they know exactly where everything is, and its only a matter of how much of it we find. the inspectors have only been there a VERY VERY short time, considering the amount of space they have to cover, and the amount of time iraq has had to stash away their little secrets....its litterally searching for a needle in a haystack, and we will find more. but like i said, bottom line is, if they didnt declare their warheads, empty or not, they are already lying, period, paragraph, and anyone that thinks this is the last little thing they have floating around over there is again, very naive (sorry for the overuse, but its the most fitting word here). so, theyve lied about this, what else? but of course, until a nuke is found, or until iraq drops a chemical bomb on our soldiers, we will still have people running around saying (or maybe just wishfully thinking), "iraq doesnt have wmd".......sure, whatever.....personally i just hope the naysayers dont have to wake up the hard way.

aa

Edited by - dubla on 16 January 2003 15:41:41

• wasasister
    wasasister
    if you can't figure that out, then jeez, I don't know if there is any helping you.

God, please don't help me. I'm not a pacifist, bleeding-heart-liberal, coward, Saddam Lover, or any other label you try to put on me.

I happen to love my country. I hate what Saddam represents, but I hate what the government of N. Korea represents, too.

Before I get behind committing my nation's resources, both material and human, I want some very compelling reasons and I want every other option explored. I think that makes me far more patriotic that people like you.

• Simon
    Simon
    we did nothing

Uh? That last link has a list as long as your arm. Not much "doing nothing" being done there.

• dubla
    dubla

. I think that makes me far more patriotic that people like you.

oh jeez....now we have people competing about whos more patriotic? these discussions really get ridiculous........what next, "i love my dad more than you love yours"? lol, pathetic.

aa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit