UN FINDS WMD...OK saddam lovers, what now?

by dolphman 280 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon
    It must have started when people who "do not agree" with USA flew jetliners against buildings...

I don't think that is anywhere near comparable and such extreme, blanket statements highlight a very weak and insecure belief system about the current policy. So now, most of the world must be terrorists then and you're going to bomb us next ?

I'm saying that I do not agree that what America is doing is correct. Am I a raving lunatic muslim terrorist? I don't think so.

Have I said that America is to blame for everything? No ... but like many others I stand up and say that America should accept when it is to blame for things.

Perhaps people would not be so passionate about what America does if it didn't, while "crapping" on half the world, tell us how great it is and how thankful we should all be! "Hey, when it's all done, Hollywood can re-write it and have us come out the good guys!"

Do I hate America? Of course not ... but I would hate it if I was happy to see it's values degraded by persuing flawed policies. This is what democracy is about. If you do not care for democracy and letting people have their say, whether you label such voices as dessent or not, then do you truly love America and what it is supposed to stand for? Liberty ... Freedom ?

I read the Declaration of Independance yesterday and it is interesting that, with the roles reversed and America the 'empire' how many of the freedoms and rights that the people then claimed as being fundamental are now denied by the same country that gave them to us.

• dolphman
    dolphman
    (after filled of course - which is understandable)

GOD your dumb....

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Go back to the KH Dolph - its obviously the only place you've ever gotten any education. And take your crack with you.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Ahh don't you love this nationalism? Kind of like the Nazi's in world war II.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Our leaders are going to do what they want to do, fair, unjust, strategic, wise or foolish. Our countries are ruthlessly in competition with each other. If England was the superpower the US is then it would act as wise, as foolish, as arrogant, in its best interests. Just look at England's history of its wonderful dealing with other countries over its history. In many cases, deplorable. The same goes for any other country including the United States. I think it's perfectly fine to point out flaws in American political and military policy, as it is other countries. But at the same time Americans don't buy into non-American hypocrisy about United States policies and actions.

• dolphman
    dolphman

oooh grudgegirl....what a comeback...

tramahound this has nothing to do with nationalism. I know there are idiots out there who actually think saddam is tied to Osama, which i don't think is true. (He has however, paid families of terrorist bombers, which constitutes technically a support of terrorism).But I don't believe in a Saddam/Osama connection. But it doesn't stop me from dealing with the reality of living in a post 9/11 world, where America is now the target of choice for every third world religious zealot who wants to blame their problems on "the Great Satan". That's the reality we face. Sure Bush is a warmonger. As long as there are some smart people who know the names of all the countries on the axis of evil list and who can steer Bush that way (and not have him accidently invade Canada, that would be bad), maybe we'll survive. Yes, pre-emptive strikes make sense. Just look at the success of the 9/11 attacks.

Here's my personal mantra: "I don't make reality, I just live in it".

You can call us all Nazis if you want, but the fact of the matter is, holding hands across america won't keep fanatic muslims from killing us. And if you think Saddam out of the kindness of his heart means us no harm and would never hurt us, well then, I don't know what to say. I don't think your living in reality though.

--Rich

• Simon
    Simon

I think if you gave a fair comparison of the British and American empires you would find that the British one was surprisingly benevolent overall.

Apart from the notable exception of some rich landowners of one particular colony, very few accused us of "tyranny"

(BTW: I accept the British Empire did do a lot of wrong but the evidence of the commonwealth today shows that more than a few countries still have some affection for the old empire and what it gave to the world). I'm not sure they have forgiven us for 'America' though

• LB
    LB

Simon

LB. Why is anti-war equated with being anti-American?

I never said that anti war makes you anti American Simon. I don't think I even came close. I said that when you are anti whatever reason won't enter into a debate so debating becomes futile. I think maybe you proved my point there

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    You can call us all Nazis if you want, but the fact of the matter is, holding hands across america won't keep fanatic muslims from killing us. And if you think Saddam out of the kindness of his heart means us no harm and would never hurt us, well then, I don't know what to say. I don't think your living in reality though.

I didn't call anyone nazi's, just the parrelell of nationalism that was behind the nazi's.

• Simon
    Simon
    I said that when you are anti whatever reason won't enter into a debate so debating becomes futile. I think maybe you proved my point there

I thought that was what we were doing! ... so that proves mine

(to be honest, I don't know ... I'm tired and I've been practicing my war-mongering skills playing Command and Conquer Red-Alert)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit